Our valued sponsor

VPN to fake your country for Microsoft and Skype login, what can I use?

diro

Offshore Agent
Mentor Group Gold Premium
Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
I need a simple way to fake my country IP to be able to login to Microsoft and Skype?

I tried with Ivacy and GhostVPN both fail, they get detected right away.

Is there an good VPN to camouflage my country IP ? I don't have access to my router so I can't set it inside there.

Reactions: brianK
as I wrote, I need to be from other country. I'm unable to buy from there store in my own language only from the country I'm in right now.
I know that you need to be from another country, But you have not mentioned why. Usually, you get better answer when you state what it is for. Have you tried
NordVPN
Surfshark
ExpressVPN
IPVanish
VyperVPN

They normally seems to work with Skype:

In any case, if you know what you need it for and enter it on Google, usually you get the best results and reports of what is working.

I know that you need to be from another country, But you have not mentioned why. Usually, you get better answer when you state what it is for. Have you tried
NordVPN
Surfshark
ExpressVPN
IPVanish
VyperVPN

They normally seems to work with Skype:

In any case, if you know what you need it for and enter it on Google, usually you get the best results and reports of what is working.
I agree with you in most cases, but when it comes to companies like Microsoft, Netflix, Adobe, etc., they actively work to block the most well known VPN providers.

That's exactly why it's not a good idea to rely on simple Google searches to find working solutions unless you're looking to waste your time.

These companies invest in technology to detect and remove VPNs from accessing their content, so typical approaches may not always work.

Pro tip: for such use cases use a vpn that has one of those streaming modes, they are basically made for this purpose. And if privacy is a concern you can place a privacy respecting VPN or something else up front.

Edit: with streaming mode I mean that some large VPN providers have this special option to watch e.g. Netflix from another country, this is as close as a VPN is going to get to a residential proxy or the like

Reactions: diro
Pro tip: for such use cases use a vpn that has one of those streaming modes, they are basically made for this purpose. And if privacy is a concern you can place a privacy respecting VPN or something else up front.

Edit: with streaming mode I mean that some large VPN providers have this special option to watch e.g. Netflix from another country, this is as close as a VPN is going to get to a residential proxy or the like
sorry didn't work for me.. microsoft keeps changing the language :( I cleared the browser data and everything.
Buy a static IP. It's usually €20/month! Just buy it for one month! ;)
can you let me know where to buy this?

Quite many VPNs offer this feature, you can check Google, for example this

An alternative would be to setup your own server on a cloud server. It requires some setup but generally is a stable solution

If you know somebody in the country you need, you could also try
These basically route all traffic from your through a device under your (or a friend's) control in the country you need. As it routes it through a real residential device, the chances of detection are basically zero.

Last edited:
Reactions: jafo
sorry didn't work for me.. microsoft keeps changing the language :( I cleared the browser data and everything.

Did you change your browsers language ? Because your browser is sending a Accept-Language request header (which contains your browser language) .

Quite many VPNs offer this feature, you can check Google, for example this:

An alternative would be to setup your own server on a cloud server. It requires some setup but generally is a stable solution

If you know somebody in the country you need, you could also try
But I would assume you would probably just get an datacenter ip .

I need a simple way to fake my country IP to be able to login to Microsoft and Skype?

I tried with Ivacy and GhostVPN both fail, they get detected right away.

Is there an good VPN to camouflage my country IP ? I don't have access to my router so I can't set it inside there.
you look for this

Did you change your browsers language ? Because your browser is sending a Accept-Language request header (which contains your browser language) .
My main question is what is the actual use case. Just for login, you can use any proxy / residential vpn with low bandwith or use a friend to route the traffic through his phone. For streaming, you need more bandwith. And last but not least, many geoblocks are not implemented on the server itself but on a DNS level. I.e. when you try to resolve www.microsoft.com the ip address given differs on your own location. That is why many VPN actually use smart DNS servers to get the real IPs of the intented country.

But I would assume you would probably just get an datacenter ip .
Technically yes, that's why I did not recommend him to use the Google Cloud VPN etc. If you use a sufficiently small hoster, it definitely works.

As I do not know the desired service you want to use, the desired country and wheter you have friends/family/a home server there, you can check yourself whether a private VPN, friend's phone as proxy server, commercial residential proxies (often only major countries available) or a personal RustDesk – The Open Source Remote Desktop Access Software session to your home works best.

Your own proxy isn't hard to build.

Reactions: daniels27
Your own proxy isn't hard to build.
But he would need a device in the desired country. Have you tried PiVPN:

Reactions: jafo and daniels27