Our valued sponsor

US-based. Seeking driver's license service.

US based/citizen.

I'm looking to get a foreign drivers license without having to visit the country the drivers license is from.

Is there a service provider that can do this on my behalf or someone I can pay that can get me a foreign drivers license?

It doesn't matter to me if it's an Albanian, Thai, UAE, or any other license for that matter.

For more context, the reason I'm asking for this:

In the states, they've implemented a country wide system called the National Driver Registry. It's purely money motivated.
They'll suspend your license in one state for something as little as a parking ticket, and this will get you arrested in some (most) states, and prevents you from getting a new license in another.
If one state sees your out of state suspension, it'll cause it to be suspended there, they'll charge you a suspension reinstatement fee on top of the home state, on top of the original citation, misc fees, etc.
It's a mess.

That being said, I'm looking to get a foreign license since you're allowed to drive with one in the states. I've heard up least up until 6 months and in some cases indefinitely.

If anyone can recommend a service or provide any valuable feedback it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Is there anyone that can help with this?

Last edited:
Well, good luck – just be advised that in all countries where I am a little bit familiar with regulation, this is illegal (to acquire a driving licence not being present in personam).

That being said, it does not mean that it is nowhere possible. And I am just thinking about a Texas or Alabama cop inspecting a XXstan driving licence ;) ;)

Well, good luck – just be advised that in all countries where I am a little bit familiar with regulation, this is illegal (to acquire a driving licence not being present in personam).

That being said, it does not mean that it is nowhere possible. And I am just thinking about a Texas or Alabama cop inspecting a XXstan driving licence ;) ;)

Thank you for the response

Do you know if there are any service providers that could help me get a drivers license in - let's say XXstan - without being physically present?

Thank you for the response

Do you know if there are any service providers that could help me get a drivers license in - let's say XXstan - without being physically present?
You are welcome – but sorry, no idea. Neither where/what is XXstan, if any exists, nor who can be able to manage it. (Just beware of scammers, as, honestly, I consider this hardly to be possible.)
And of course, we are not talking about darks. There are corners of The Internet where you can acquire probably any kind of stolen/fake document but I presume this is not what you are asking for.

Last edited:
Are foreign licenses exempt from the National Driver Registry?

You can exchange your driver's license almost immediately in many places, once you establish residence. Much of Latin America makes it very easy. Buy a property, register as resident, and then exchange your license.

Other methods are probably available but subject to having the right connections.

I could be wrong, but I don't see this being with enough of a demand that someone has created a service for it.

I keep seeing ads for Georgian (country, not US state) drivers licences for around €200-€400 but you need to show up personally. They claim no residency is required, but I can't vouch for any service.

I've not seen any services offering licences without showing up, although I'm very sure they exist. The problem is, I'd guess there are more scams than legit services (legit as in not 100% legal but get you the licence).

When I was in Latam, I seen somebody offering licences for $100. I managed to see somebodies card, and it looked 100% legit, watermarks etc, but when I checked their number on a government website, it didn't exist in the system.

You could try conversion in Hong Kong. It may be possible as they do not have photos on the driving licence. You would have to send me your passport and driving licence from the US for this and you would also need an address proof of a Hong Kong address. Apart from that, there are not many countries.

Reactions: Forester