Our valued sponsor

UAE Residence in 2024

liroyb

Jul 5, 2020
Visit site
Now that UAE started to introduce tax, does individual residents have tax ID, or the Emirates ID is still what should be used in the CRS forms?

Now that UAE started to introduce tax, are they receiving CRA data, or still only sending?

I don’t need TRC for deregistration from prior domicile, just for banks - Does domestic TRC will satisfy European banks? Or they will insist on treaty TRC? (How different is the certificate in terms of context?)

Now that UAE started to introduce tax, does individual residents have tax ID, or the Emirates ID is still what should be used in the CRS forms?

See above OECD guidelines for UAE and TIN's. Some banks may follow the above OECD guidelines for UAE and may ask for a TRC.

Now that UAE started to introduce tax, are they receiving CRA data, or still only sending?

They are receiving CRS data. Their CRS MCAA is fully activated.

Does domestic TRC will satisfy European banks? Or they will insist on treaty TRC? (How different is the certificate in terms of context?)

Never had a bank ever ask me for a TRC for a personal account, only ever proof of address and a TIN at best. In which case I just stick my passport number in TIN field. There does not exist any rules for Bahamas for tax residency accoridng to OECD smi(&%.