Our valued sponsor

UAE Freezone while living in Malta

LEKRIM

Oct 13, 2024
Eklpisia
Hi everyone,
I have an investor visa through a Dubai Freezone and I'm wondering if I can manage a Freezone company in e-commerce while only spending about a week every 6 months in Dubai to maintain my resident visa.

I plan to live in Malta as a non dom tax resident without remitting any income to Malta and I won't have a bank account there. I'll only use my Dubai bank account for rent and expenses. Is this arrangement possible, or could it cause any legal issues?

Reactions: Nomado
I currently have this setup, got resident card in both country (Not gold in UAE, just the regular one, sponsored with my FZCO and going twice a year)
I got a bank account in Malta but don't move my salary there. I will wait and send dividend to it in 2025 for better tax optimization.

You will only be taxed on what you spend/bring on the island (your rent and stuff, afaik)

Reactions: Nomado
I currently have this setup, got resident card in both country (Not gold in UAE, just the regular one, sponsored with my FZCO and going twice a year)
I got a bank account in Malta but don't move my salary there. I will wait and send dividend to it in 2025 for better tax optimization.

You will only be taxed on what you spend/bring on the island (your rent and stuff, afaik)
I think that paying your rent isn’t remitting money right? Same as grocery.
Heard that remittance basis is like bank wire or atm withdrawals.

Tbh I think this setup is the best for europeans who want to be close to their family as Dubai is far away. And Mediterranean lifestyle is always better even if Malta is overcrowded.

Are you self sufficient in Malta?

I think that paying your rent isn’t remitting money right? Same as grocery.
Heard that remittance basis is like bank wire or atm withdrawals.

Tbh I think this setup is the best for europeans who want to be close to their family as Dubai is far away. And Mediterranean lifestyle is always better even if Malta is overcrowded.

Are you self sufficient in Malta?

From what I remember with my tax advisor, that includes all your expenses in Malta, yes, I have the self sufficient status in MT

Non-domiciled residents in Malta are subject to personal income tax on their income in Malta and foreign income remitted. They are not taxed on foreign source income. Additionally, under exceptional circumstances of the non-dom regimes, a flat tax of 15% is applied only to foreign income remitted to Malta, with a minimum taxation of 5,000 euros.

Reactions: ProbRetarded

Wouldn't your Dubai company considered as a Maltese company because of CFC rules?