Our valued sponsor

This is how Monero transactions are traced

Burak

Member Plus
May 4, 2021
Istanbul
Visit site

Chainalysis employee reveals how they trace Monero transactions (with a real case) in IRS webinar. According to the video, Chainalysis runs several poisoned Monero nodes to log connected clients and they use public blockchain data to reduce possibilities of potential sender.

In my opinion, it's great to see this companies are using dirty (and painful) way to trace transactions. That's the only way to do it. When you use private node (even better with Tor/VPN), possibility of identifying your IP is way lower. Btw, video is being censored by Chainalysis, this is why I shared archive link directly. I recommend to take a look, it contains great basic info about Monero and some technical details about tracing.

I laughed so hard at Jake! One scammer, Jake, trying to scam another scammer, IRS, on how to rob people doing business far away from them and without including them. smi(&% rof/%

This is the ONLY way these people can survive! They can't produce anything that is productive! It's always about looting and pillaging others! FFS!
indeed. the voice from that guy in the video rings 100% cuckbells on a next level.

@369 made some posts about Monero being traceable via backbones. Not seen him for a while...
the aliens took him in

Someone should do a thread on his predictions vs reality. Quite a big enough time period between them now. I actually might do it if I can summon the energy / time sink later today.
That guy is a really nice guy. Smart guy, too. Not sure about all of his predictions, as I don't lend any credence to clairvoyants. One thing that worried me about him is his blindness to being his family's martyr. I don't think it's healthy to be like this, unless I misunderstood him.

I just hope he is doing well and in peace. I learned a lot from him, so I'll always be grateful! ange¤%&