Our valued sponsor

Swiss, Cyprus or Other Offshore bank account where to bank?

offshoremax

Offshore Agent
Business Angel
Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
There have been a lot of commotion regarding Swiss (and potential for other country's) banks (specifically UBS) giving up information to the US tax authorities. As such, I would like your opinion on this situation and more specifically, what can I do to set up my bank accounts in a way that will be least likely to ever be notified to the US. Most of my bank accounts would be for non-US based companies, so I am hoping that they should not be a concern (but let me know if there is risk as well for these non-US based companies bank accounts). Additionally, I would like offshore bank accounts set up for my wife and I (where my companies can send the salary earned from these companies to); so completely personal bank accounts, not corporate ones.

What I want to know then is what is the best idea for not only the corporate bank accounts for all the different companies as per attached organization chart, but also for my personal bank accounts? I am fine to have these accounts anywhere in the world, spread throughout different countries for the various different accounts, etc. I just want the best setup, with the most reasonable initial and ongoing costs, possible. Can you please advise me on this?

One possible method is to have the bank accounts set up in my wife's name only (my wife, although also having US citizenship, is Russian and therefore has a Russian passport that she can use for setting up bank accounts). However, I need to know how having the bank in only my wife's name will limit my ability to use the bank accounts, debit/credit cards, etc. myself (as I am the person actually doing the banking activities, not my wife). Can you let me know all your thoughts and ideas regarding this?