Our valued sponsor

Strategy to reduce Nevada corporate federal tax to 0%?

electric

Corporate Services
Business Angel
Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

From what I understand, Nevada imposes no state corporate taxes. So there is only the federal corporate tax, which is 15% on the first $50k, etc...

So let's say that the Nevada company is owned by a Seychelles holding company, could I use some kind of scheme to reduce the tax payable to zero?

For example, what if the Seychelles company owns some kind of patent that costs a fortune to use? (Which just happens to be the same amount as the tax that is payable..)

I hope that makes sense? I am basically trying to figure out if it's possible to have a US-based company but with zero (or very low) taxes... (compared to offshore, which would have zero taxes, but more difficult to get a good merchant account.)

Thanks!

I believe you mentioned in another thread that you do not want a merchant account in the US. In that case - avoid US corporations altogether. If there is one thing European and Asian banks dislike more than secretive offshore companies, it's US companies. It's becoming a compliance nightmare to deal with the US.

If you have changed your mind or I remember wrongly, your structure may work. I avoid the US like plague but have been told it is possible to pay 0% tax (including federal) with some US companies; not sure if it was Nevada specifically or maybe Delaware or Wisconsin LLC. As usual - talk to a lawyer/accountant.

Thanks Zqq. The problem I am trying to resolve is that 85% of my customers are in the USA and 15% are in the EU... but I want to have an "offshore" (not north America) location for my business and money to be located. (My reason to start this thread topic was that I thought maybe I can use a USA corp/LLC as sort of a "pass-thru" business, to facilitate having a good merchant account in the US, which would be very easy to obtain.)

In another thread, you mentioned that a Hong Kong merchant account might result in problems, which is why I'm now trying to figure this out...

It's difficult, because I'm working backwards. I'm trying to find a merchant account that will work (decent pricing, etc.) and then I will try to find a bank and a country to incorporate in which will work for that merchant account.

If you have any suggestions, I would be very grateful. My business is very low risk (I've had an onshore merchant account for 12+ years with less than 0.05% chargeback ration) and is 100% virtual delivery of services.

Basically, I'm trying to find a merchant account, then a bank to work with the merchant account... and then a country to incorporate in so I can open the bank account and finally the merchant account.

At this point I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall.

:)