Our valued sponsor

Spain , to obligate tourists to give them their bank info, and credit card information +others

pixbix

Jul 6, 2022
Romania
**They Want to Request your financial and Personal Information: Are You Ready for a New Mandatory Form , just to visit Spain ?**

Spanish authorities have proposed a controversial law aimed at enhancing security and financial controls, but it raises serious concerns about tourists' privacy. If you’re planning a holiday in Spain, you may be required to fill out a detailed form that includes a range of sensitive personal information. All of this will be taken on some A4 paper forms on any AIRBNB or Hotel you will stay. Failling to do so? they will fine you , 30 000 euro. Still refusing? JAIL! ... for "terrorism! "

Among the details you’ll need to provide are... financial ones, your credit card number, including its expiration date, all your bank accounts and the amounts of money you have on them!. Additionally, authorities are likely to ask for your home addresses—wherever you reside—and all your phone numbers. You will even be required to disclose all your social media accounts, such as your Facebook profiles, or maybe even your offshorecorptalk account :)

This measure has already sparked controversy, with many tourists fearing that such an invasion of privacy could compromise their confidentiality and security. As some European destinations adopt similar measures, the lingering question remains: will you be willing to share all this information to enjoy a holiday in Spain? they think you will, because you have nothing to hide, only terorist will hide their bank acccounts! It remains to be seen how this situation unfolds and what reactions it will provoke among tourists and the broader sentiment around personal data protection.

https://www.travelandtourworld.com/news/article/spains-new-big-brother-law-set-to-invade-tourist-privacy-will-you-hand-over-your-bank-details-on-holiday-know-everything-about-it/#:~:text=Dubbed the “Big Brother” law,account information and personal addresses.

• Wow
Reactions: EliasIT and jafo
I think you made up a bit on top of that article. The article didn't say you have to say how much money you have in the bank accounts. Also it says "potentially even bank accounts" - that might mean if you paid for the hotel by bank transfer you have to show the bank account number instead of the credit card. It's not clear from the article.
The hotel already normally/often knows your credit card number, so the main change is that they'll need to give this to the police.

• Haha
Reactions: EliasIT and jafo
**They Want to Request your financial and Personal Information: Are You Ready for a New Mandatory Form , just to visit Spain ?**

Spanish authorities have proposed a controversial law aimed at enhancing security and financial controls, but it raises serious concerns about tourists' privacy. If you’re planning a holiday in Spain, you may be required to fill out a detailed form that includes a range of sensitive personal information. All of this will be taken on some A4 paper forms on any AIRBNB or Hotel you will stay. Failling to do so? they will fine you , 30 000 euro. Still refusing? JAIL! ... for "terrorism! "

Among the details you’ll need to provide are... financial ones, your credit card number, including its expiration date, all your bank accounts and the amounts of money you have on them!. Additionally, authorities are likely to ask for your home addresses—wherever you reside—and all your phone numbers. You will even be required to disclose all your social media accounts, such as your Facebook profiles, or maybe even your offshorecorptalk account :)

This measure has already sparked controversy, with many tourists fearing that such an invasion of privacy could compromise their confidentiality and security. As some European destinations adopt similar measures, the lingering question remains: will you be willing to share all this information to enjoy a holiday in Spain? they think you will, because you have nothing to hide, only terorist will hide their bank acccounts! It remains to be seen how this situation unfolds and what reactions it will provoke among tourists and the broader sentiment around personal data protection.

https://www.travelandtourworld.com/news/article/spains-new-big-brother-law-set-to-invade-tourist-privacy-will-you-hand-over-your-bank-details-on-holiday-know-everything-about-it/#:~:text=Dubbed the “Big Brother” law,account information and personal addresses.
smi(&% rof/%

Spain is just another sh1th0l3 masquerading as a developed country on the fumes of the slave trade centuries ago. rof/%

JAIL! ... for "terrorism!
Other Ts don't stay at AirBnB or hotels. They stay with other T-members in their homes. smi(&%

I don't think these "vacationers" have ccs or bank accounts, but I could be wrong:

rof/% smi(&%

---------------
It's evident when useless, unproductive grifters disguised as legislators/public servants try to foment fear to justify robbing producers of their production.

The EURRS is descending into a horrible dungeon of freak shows! hi%#

PS. Thanks for sharing this article! I'll make sure I use a "temporary" credit card and address in Spain. Got to anticipate their moves! ;)

Spain is one of these countries which are obviously going in the wrong direction.

When you walk through the streets of Barcelona and especially Madrid, you feel the history and the wealth. Locals in cafes, majestic buildings, huge pieces of ham in every supermarket. Then you think about it - it the wealth of the country truly justified or is it just because of its history and now everyone is only living by substance and stagnating?

I remember trying to book an Uber there and the app suddenly wanted me to provide a scan of my ID/passport, passport details and my selfie. I've used this account both before and after in other countries and nowhere else this weird request showed up. I managed to catch a taxi on the street but I really do not want to revisit a country where the law dictates I must provide my passport to book a ride (yes, I checked later, this is a Spanish law).

Same thing for hotels (https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...-travellers-in-spain-starting-feb-2023.78423/).

When I tried to withdraw some cash from an ATM, it was limited to like 400€ and the cashier in a supermarket was terrified when I tried to pay with a 100€ note.

But hey, at least if you're a Spaniard, you can change your gender on your ID by declaring you're a lesbian and then be eligible for a higher pension.

Spain is currently ruled by a bunch of hardcore communist which want their people to be stupid and poor and just like Kim in NK they cannot achieve their goal without full control. So that is their aim. It is not mainly aimed at foreigners, they could care less about who goes where and does what, but aimed at locals who spend their holidays on local destinations.
They need to determine if the income statements they give are true and they are not living beyond their income.

app suddenly wanted me to provide a scan of my ID/passport, passport details and my selfie.
:oops: :oops: :oops: WTF???!!!
For an Uber ride? :rolleyes:
but aimed at locals who spend their holidays on local destinations.
They need to determine if the income statements they give are true and they are not living beyond their income.
Damn! This is a great point and makes perfect sense! eek¤%&
NGL, I never saw this one coming.

OCT has quality thinkers! Damn!

Thanks for sharing that! thu&¤#

Reactions: InformatiQ
The hotel already normally/often knows your credit card number, so the main change is that they'll need to give this to the police.
But that is already sufficient to think twice how you check in to a hotel in Spain.

Reactions: jafo
Yes I agree. But OP wrote that you also had to give them all your bank account numbers and BALANCES, and that would be something completely different, in my opinion.
Agree, they won't get that from me for sure.

Reactions: jafo
There will always be ways to avoid stupid laws. And in the end, a law is meaningless if it is not enforced or ignored by the population.

In Montenegro there is a similar law regarding tourist registration - I think it is mostly to generate income, not spy on the people (after all, when entering the country I got a nice stamp with a handwritten note in my passport, no fingerprint scans, no photo scans, the passport wasn't entered into any electronic system etc).

Then I planned to stay in two areas - Kotor and Budva. In the first one, the owner wanted me to fill out a registration form, provide my passport and then told me I must go to the local police station with the paper form to pay a 1€ tourist tax. In another accomodation, the owner welcomed me, didn't ask for any ID, didn't want me to fill out any papers or register anywhere. You don't have to guess where I'd be staying the next time.

For now I think in Spain you can avoid such bulls**t by either through local connections or by using Airbnb account (does not need to be verified but you should have positive reviews), then in SOME accomodation,s, you can still do self check-in in some accomodation, no passport, no forms, no registrations.

Reactions: jafo and kislokan
There will always be ways to avoid stupid laws. And in the end, a law is meaningless if it is not enforced or ignored by the population.
#Bingo!!! You are right on the money!
I, for one, would NEVER ever follow ANY of these BS "laws." Even in trials, there is a process for jurors to ignore the law or dismiss it completely! Jury nullification occurs when jurors disregard the law and decide a case based on their own beliefs, opinions, or sense of justice rather than strictly following the law and the evidence presented.

***Super careful here, though. If the government or judge hears you mention this, they will call it a mistrial (that will NOT count on their ability to prosecute you three times...or how many trials they "vote" on by themselves to do) because of "Prejudicial Statements that may bias the jury." :mad:

This is in-the-trenches-under-heavy-gun-fire-on-the-battlefield-bleeding-in-war knowledge.
How many attorneys have disclosed these shenanigans to their clients?:rolleyes:

With all my respect for the information in this post, about the Personal Information you have to provide to the Spanish Authorities, all foreign people that I know traveling to Spain, have to give a copy of their ID Card or Passport, and show a debit/credit card, to be sure about the payments used in the hotel... I am 100% sure about this matter. And only in hotels. Nothing more!!!!

Other thing, could be if you wish to invest in Spain, where the only difference should be to get the Spanish NIE, like a Spanish Tax Number. But only that !!! If you have an Spanish Address, you could open very easy a bank account with your NIE and Spanish Address, but I think is valid for all Spanish Banks. I read in OCT that you could also get a bank account in Spain, without NIE and spanish address, but i am not sure about that.

With all my respect for the information in this post, about the Personal Information you have to provide to the Spanish Authorities, all foreign people that I know traveling to Spain, have to give a copy of their ID Card or Passport, and show a debit/credit card, to be sure about the payments used in the hotel... I am 100% sure about this matter. And only in hotels. Nothing more!!!!

Other thing, could be if you wish to invest in Spain, where the only difference should be to get the Spanish NIE, like a Spanish Tax Number. But only that !!! If you have an Spanish Address, you could open very easy a bank account with your NIE and Spanish Address, but I think is valid for all Spanish Banks. I read in OCT that you could also get a bank account in Spain, without NIE and spanish address, but i am not sure about that.

I am talking about the new laws they are going to impose from 1 OCtOMBER to 2 DECEMBER 2024:

Grew up on the costa - Estepona

Was great until they joined the EU, aside from all the billions pumped into roads even after they just finished one they’d start another one… it went downhill - and I don’t mean their roads lol

Reactions: kislokan