Our valued sponsor

Seeking Advice on Offshore Setup for Small Online Store

sanhwy

Aug 15, 2024
ro
Hello,

I run a small online store in Europe and I am looking to withdraw around 1000 euros monthly without paying taxes. I would like to establish a company and open a bank account in an offshore jurisdiction to invoice internet services from there. From what I have read and heard, Belize and Delaware seem to be popular choices. Could you please recommend or advise me on the best option?

Thank you!

Don't.

Focus on growing your business.

When you're looking at 25–100x that level of revenue/income, it might be time to consider multinational tax planning.

At 10–25x, it might be worthwhile to move to Malta or Cyprus, if you have an EU passport.

Although I suppose you could move to Cyprus right now and not pay any income tax on the first 19,000 EUR/year you pay yourself. But if your business only allows for 1,000 EUR/month, I'm not sure there's enough capital in the picture yet to make any kind of tax planning viable.

I can't move because, as an online store, I sell products to customers in this country and need to work with this company. However, there could be a small advantage in setting up an offshore entity, allowing me to invoice IT services, hosting, etc. To start, I planned to invoice myself €1,000 per month. From what I've seen, it seems interesting to open a company in Belize or Delaware and a bank account, with an opening fee of €1,000 and an annual fee of the same amount. I'm just starting out and still doing research, so any advice from you would be appreciated.

This is not the subject of the discussion; my question is whether there is a possibility of opening an offshore company to invoice IT services and to avoid some taxes.
No it won't work like this anymore unfortunately, build a time machine and travel back 15-20 years and it maybe will work.

As mentioned before especially with your "revenue levels" there's literally no point in going "offshore". Trying to do so will only lead to finding yourself in trouble sooner or later, which is definitely not worth for trying to save a few couple thousands.

No it won't work like this anymore unfortunately, build a time machine and travel back 15-20 years and it maybe will work.

As mentioned before especially with your "revenue levels" there's literally no point in going "offshore". Trying to do so will only lead to finding yourself in trouble sooner or later, which is definitely not worth for trying to save a few couple thousands.
I understand.

Yes. If you are willing to relocate, there are ways. If not, it is illegal. Even your company problem can be solved by having a non-tax resident company where you need it while paying taxes elsewhere. There are possibilities of rulings and EU complaints for this. We are happy to help if you have more details. You can PM if you don't want to post in public. I do not charge.

Reactions: sanhwy and apres777
Yes. If you are willing to relocate, there are ways. If not, it is illegal. Even your company problem can be solved by having a non-tax resident company where you need it while paying taxes elsewhere. There are possibilities of rulings and EU complaints for this. We are happy to help if you have more details. You can PM if you don't want to post in public. I do not charge.
Thank you very much for the support and the time you’ve given me. I would like to send you a PM, but since I’m a new member, I don’t think I have that option.

I got confirmation, so about six months ago, I incorporated MI company on behalf of my client via GERAI LTD, a UK company. I have received reliable service and safety payment options through Upwork, which was very good for us from a trusted perspective.

Hello,

I run a small online store in Europe and I am looking to withdraw around 1000 euros monthly without paying taxes. I would like to establish a company and open a bank account in an offshore jurisdiction to invoice internet services from there. From what I have read and heard, Belize and Delaware seem to be popular choices. Could you please recommend or advise me on the best option?

Thank you!
You need to find better methods to tax optimize your setup. However, with this small amount it get's difficult to do much. You want to wait and grow your business before you establish a lot which costs extra to maintain.