Our valued sponsor

Relocation within EU? Cheapest Setup?

koyoloas

Jul 10, 2023
Germany
Visit site
Hello,

currently I‘m residing within one of the countries with the highest Tax, since I‘m a crypto trader I‘m thinking of relocating to reduce my tax.

What are some cheap European solutions for where I can relocate to? Overall costs should be as low as possible.

Also about the 183 days rule, are tax authorities somehow checking if I‘m truly there for 183 days a year, or is it possible to just pay rent then leave the country by car and enjoy traveling? I hope you get what I mean?

If you are asking about Europe in general here are some countries with the lowest taxes:
  • Andorra.
  • Hungary.
  • Bulgaria.
  • Czech Republic.
  • Georgia.
  • Gibraltar.
  • Malta.
  • Montenegro.
  • Isle of Man.
  • Cyprus.
And if you choose the country within the Shengen Area it's not easy to check when you come or leave.

Hello,

currently I‘m residing within one of the countries with the highest Tax, since I‘m a crypto trader I‘m thinking of relocating to reduce my tax.

What are some cheap European solutions for where I can relocate to? Overall costs should be as low as possible.

Also about the 183 days rule, are tax authorities somehow checking if I‘m truly there for 183 days a year, or is it possible to just pay rent then leave the country by car and enjoy traveling? I hope you get what I mean?
Tax authorities are not actively tracking if you abide by the rules, they don't have the capacity and it would invade privacy, it doesn't make a difference anyway because they can get you for crimes you commited years ago, so you still want to abide by the rules.

If you want treaty protection you should move to a country that has a tax treaty with your home country, rent or buy a place in your new country and don't have any properties in your home country where you have access to and ofcourse stay more then 183 days in your new country, if you actually do all these things you will have treaty protection and there is not a lot the tax authorities from your home country can do.

If you decide no to do it like that I would cut all ties with your home country and spend minimal time in your home country.

I leave for years outside my native country,yet im actively buyng a house there in a project near the place i always lived my childhood and my old parents leave so i can visit a few months per year 2 3 max and have a good capital appreciatton on my invesmtment

having read this forum this sounds like a terrible idea even though im spending 10 months outside the country for years and i only want to buy the house so i can visit my old parents and high school friends every now and then

what should i do

I leave for years outside my native country,yet im actively buyng a house there in a project near the place i always lived my childhood and my old parents leave so i can visit a few months per year 2 3 max and have a good capital appreciatton on my invesmtment

having read this forum this sounds like a terrible idea even though im spending 10 months outside the country for years and i only want to buy the house so i can visit my old parents and high school friends every now and then

what should i do
Has your home country a tax treaty with the country you live in right now? If you rent out the place when you are not there you should be fine, but I would recommend checking that with a local advisor, this depends from country to country.

Most tax treaties state the place where you have a permanent residence + stay more then half of the year is the place where you will be tax resident, by renting it out when you are not there it's not a permanent residence but just a holiday home, which should be no issue if there is a tax treaty.