Our valued sponsor

Recommendations for offshore company

harry1995

Apr 12, 2023
uk
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Looking for advise while doing some research.

I’m a British resident with currently a UK LTD company selling vintage American cars online. I have a storage yard in the USA but not run through a permanent establishment, so no US tax payable.

None of my income comes from the UK (50% is USA other 50% is rest of the world Asia, South America etc.

For tax purposes I was looking at starting an LLC, but as the UK does not class this as a pass-through entity, it would confuse the matter so I’m looking for advice of where I could stop an offshore company to minimize company corporation tax, which is 25% in the UK right now

You want to relocate if you want to avoid taxes! Or you want to find a very good tax lawyer and advisor that is able to help you structure your business to reduce taxes.

@harry1995 Please in future make the topic title relevant to the subject your discussing...thx

I have changed it to "....offshore company".

From your description it appears that you have US Tax exposure.
I don’t operate a permanent establishment in the US.

You want to relocate if you want to avoid taxes! Or you want to find a very good tax lawyer and advisor that is able to help you structure your business to reduce t
My personal income tax in the UK is a given and im ok with that. It’s just the corporation tax I’m looking for more effective way

I don’t operate a permanent establishment in the US.

My personal income tax in the UK is a given and im ok with that. It’s just the corporation tax I’m looking for more effective way
My understaning is that you maintain a warehouse on US soil. You also have 50% of your sales in the US. The likelyhood of you creating a permanent establishment or having effectively connected income is very high. Of course this is a question for a US tax advisor, whom if you have consulted then you should be good to go.

Reactions: mok
My understaning is that you maintain a warehouse on US soil. You also have 50% of your sales in the US. The likelyhood of you creating a permanent establishment or having effectively connected income is very high. Of course this is a question for a US tax advisor, whom if you have consulted then you should be good to go.
It’s purely for storage so it’s not classed as a permanent establishment. I have a US tax advisor and I’ve been filing US accounts for the limited company with the IRS for a few years

Reactions: Jerry1911