Our valued sponsor

random filing taxes in the US questions

PinkCat

Pro Member
Dec 20, 2022
EU
Visit site
I have a US company and I'm to file taxes for first time now, it's all a bit fuzy so few random questions.
1. How are you supposed to show your transactions to the accountant, just give them the bank statement or i need to save every email with invoice?
2. Can I account expenses that I paid from my personal card? Or it stricly has to be transaction from the business card? Does anyone even check this or it matters only if it can be biz expense or not?
3. What if I have expenses from my business card that won't be accepted as business expense? Do I need to pay them back to the biz account from the personal one?
4. It's mostly a holding company with few transactions per year, in that case how you advise to book keep?

anything else that might be useful to newbie with US companies and taxes will be appreciated :)

1. How are you supposed to show your transactions to the accountant, just give them the bank statement or i need to save every email with invoice?
2. Can I account expenses that I paid from my personal card? Or it stricly has to be transaction from the business card? Does anyone even check this or it matters only if it can be biz expense or not?
3. What if I have expenses from my business card that won't be accepted as business expense? Do I need to pay them back to the biz account from the personal one?
4. It's mostly a holding company with few transactions per year, in that case how you advise to book keep?

Your accountant should advise you here. If they have not find a new one.

anything else that might be useful to newbie with US companies and taxes will be appreciated

Hire an accountant to handle this.

1. You can provide your accountant with bank statements and invoices for all transactions.
  2. Expenses paid on personal cards can be accounted for as long as they are legitimate business expenses. Keep a record of these transactions.
  3. If expenses are not accepted as business expenses, you can pay them back to the business account from your personal account. Keep a record of these transactions.
  4. It is recommended to keep accurate records of all transactions, even for a holding company with few transactions. Consider using accounting software to keep track of expenses and income. Consult with a qualified accountant for further guidance.

Reactions: PinkCat