Our valued sponsor

Questions from a new member

jjhanson

Offshore Agent
Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Recently I have contacted a company that can set up an offshore system for me. I need maximum anonymity because of a non competition clause/agreement. They have advised me to start a Hong Kong Ltd with a Cyprus bank account. The Honk Kong ltd was mainly advised because of the tax advantages. I would rather have a Swiss bank account coupled to the Hong Kong Ltd for practical reasons and a more trustworthy appearance.

Since I mostly see the Seychelles/Cyprus combination on this forum for maximum anonymity I was wondering if the Hong Kong Ltd is a good option or would the Seychelles/Cyprus combination fit my goals better?

Are there any other tips I can use to guard my anonymity?

Thanks a lot!

Since I mostly see the Seychelles/Cyprus combination on this forum for maximum anonymity I was wondering if the Hong Kong Ltd is a good option or would the Seychelles/Cyprus combination fit my goals better?
A HK company does not provide the same level of privacy as a Seychelles company does at basic level at leat. The major difference is that there is no public register of companies in the Seychelles, in HK there is!

If you can get a Swiss bank account I would say yes, but you will have the exact same privacy (if not better) with a Cyprus bank account, since Cyprus is not under the same pressure as Swiss banks are, and Cyprus has as well the banking secrecy as it is know from Swiss but they don't require the huge amount of money the account to be loaded with as the Swiss banks require.

My anonymity is actually only needed to avoid any legal problems because of the non competition clause. Could any legal actions/procedures disclose my identity? I am sure that my previous employer will suspect me if they see my product on the market.

It is very expensive to start and law suite and just to try to get the information revealed. Actually the laws in the Seychelles will protect you against such lawsuits so the laws in Cyprus and your previous employer will end up with a lot of expenses and no outcome.

jjhanson said:
Is this the same in Switzerland?
Thanks for the great help so far!
No, Switzerland has not the same privacy protection for companies, actually they have a public register. For the banking it may be the same.

doxs said:
True you can look up the ownership of a Switzerland company easely.
Would it be possible for a lawyer to get bank account informatian in Switzerland through the EU court system? Or would only governments be able get this information if they'll pressure the Swiss bank?

The information has been great so far to summarize it: Hong Kong Ltd is not the best choice for anonymity, Seychelles is. Cyprus/Swiss bank account will both be fine if I understand it correctly.

Would it be possible for a lawyer to get bank account information in Switzerland through the EU court system? Or would only governments be able get this information if they'll pressure the Swiss bank?
Well Swiss banks don't grant the same security as before the financial crises and 9/11 - that said, I would say, be careful with what you are doing. We know for sure that a Seychelles company will work with a Cyprus bank account and that we are indeed able to provide this service. But you may check if the Swiss bank will accept a Seychelles company to open an account there, if they do, you may be fine (and please report back here with details) but I doubt they will.

The key is the Seychelles company or other Offshore company which is providing the security level.

I agree with admin, a Swiss bank account may be as secure as Cyprus bank account. It is the entity holding the bank account that will need to have proper privacy protection.

<<snippet>> said:
I agree with admin, a Swiss bank account may be as secure as Cyprus bank account. It is the entity holding the bank account that will need to have proper privacy protection.
That makes sense...I'll probably try the Swiss bank account first and let you guys know what the outcome is. My mind was set on the Hong Kong Ltd for a while, good thing to have found this forum.

Yeah first check with the Swiss banks if they at all accept Seychelles companies to be account holder then look for offers! I read on the forum for some time where someone posted that the Swiss banks don't accept offshore companies at allthumbsdown I hope you will get back to us and proof that person wrong.

Interesting, if you get a Swiss bank account then please let us know what the min. balance is to be paid in.

Unless you at least have 50.000 - 100.000 euro's, I doubt it will be possible to get any Swiss bank account by simply pay the banks there a visit.