Our valued sponsor

Panama travel passport program

Hi Everyone,

I am just a newbie here. Glad I found this forum.

Try to find here information regarding Panama travel passport program. As I understood it can be used to enter schengen area by some airports, not all.

But... beside that... I am interested if anybody here knows if this passport can be used for banking outside Panama? 275k usd in the bank, Deposit rates are just 4% and money 5y locked. For renewal same conditions. Can't finds less information about banking with this passport.

Laurance

• Wow
Reactions: jafo
Hi Everyone,

I am just a newbie here. Glad I found this forum.

Try to find here information regarding Panama travel passport program. As I understood it can be used to enter schengen area by some airports, not all.

But... beside that... I am interested if anybody here knows if this passport can be used for banking outside Panama? 275k usd in the bank, Deposit rates are just 4% and money 5y locked. For renewal same conditions. Can't finds less information about banking with this passport.

Laurance
from what genious did you get this info?
You either get the full blown citizenship or nah.

everything is official in Panama ;)
they want 40Gs just for fees for this? ;)

well given the amounts you need for this, its a moot endavour anyway. Better get a real citizenship and not such shenanigans.
Imagine you rock up in europe with such a construction.

im in panama since 2018, lets say even for the friendly nations programme, the citizenship is not easy/guaranteed.

Last edited:
The Panama traveler passport is effectively a souped up residence card. Most countries just give you a typical ID card or in some cases a flimsy or laminated piece of paper instead. Panama decided to get creative and issue a passport-ish document.

You are not a Panamanian citizen so you cannot claim the same rights as a Panamanian citizen. The Panamanian government likely won't help or be able to help even if they wanted to. The rights and special treatment granted to foreign officials would not apply between a Panamanian embassy and you since you're not a Panamanian citizen.

Whenever you show up at a port of entry with a non-standard, uncommon document, one of three things will happen:
  1. You're allowed to enter normally.
  2. The document is inspected carefully and you might be taken aside, asked for your other passport, and then allowed to enter.
  3. Same as #2 but you're kicked out, possibly prohibited from ever entering again. You can appeal this.
These passports are not common, especially in Schengen. However, not even normal Panamanian passports are common. So there's a chance it won't be questioned if nothing else about you stands out.

I'd be very careful traveling on this document.

Reactions: laurance55
The Panama traveler passport is effectively a souped up residence card. Most countries just give you a typical ID card or in some cases a flimsy or laminated piece of paper instead. Panama decided to get creative and issue a passport-ish document.

You are not a Panamanian citizen so you cannot claim the same rights as a Panamanian citizen. The Panamanian government likely won't help or be able to help even if they wanted to. The rights and special treatment granted to foreign officials would not apply between a Panamanian embassy and you since you're not a Panamanian citizen.

Whenever you show up at a port of entry with a non-standard, uncommon document, one of three things will happen:
  1. You're allowed to enter normally.
  2. The document is inspected carefully and you might be taken aside, asked for your other passport, and then allowed to enter.
  3. Same as #2 but you're kicked out, possibly prohibited from ever entering again. You can appeal this.
These passports are not common, especially in Schengen. However, not even normal Panamanian passports are common. So there's a chance it won't be questioned if nothing else about you stands out.

I'd be very careful traveling on this document.
Thank you for your detailed information. It is categorized as "special passport" and I agree with all the three things that can happen.

Found this list on internet:

airports.jpg

Some countries allow it and some don't, but can always cause problems. But you can get everywhere by car except Estonia and Iceland I think?

Was especially curious if it could be useful for banking too.

everything is official in Panama ;)
they want 40Gs just for fees for this? ;)

well given the amounts you need for this, its a moot endavour anyway. Better get a real citizenship and not such shenanigans.
Imagine you rock up in europe with such a construction.

im in panama since 2018, lets say even for the friendly nations programme, the citizenship is not easy/guaranteed.
This agent does yes. There are cheaper providers. I know citizenship is almost impossible. But for travel and maybe banking purpose it can we worth.

For other CBI passports, I expect Schengen access will also cause problems in the future. Okay you have Malta but quite expensive and here you have your funds in the bank.

Thank you for your detailed information. It is categorized as "special passport" and I agree with all the three things that can happen.

Found this list on internet:

View attachment 7179
Some countries allow it and some don't, but can always cause problems. But you can get everywhere by car except Estonia and Iceland I think?

Was especially curious if it could be useful for banking too.

This agent does yes. There are cheaper providers. I know citizenship is almost impossible. But for travel and maybe banking purpose it can we worth.
Id classify this as expensive toilet paper.

citizenship is not impossible ;) lets say its less straight forward.
For other CBI passports, I expect Schengen access will also cause problems in the future. Okay you have Malta but quite expensive and here you have your funds in the bank.

Reactions: mraleph
Same thing can be said about any other Caribbean island that does CBI. Spending $100K+ on some fancy paper, no thank you.
nope, not at all actually. You can argue that Carib citizenships are crap, and I would not necessarily dispute that notion but let me highlight in capital the difference:
at least these are full citizenship, allow for bank accounts and travel AS FULL AND COMPLETE CITIZEN of that nation like is normal in every other country.

Always think of who you will meet: A lowly paid unmotivated bureaucrat. Wouldnt wanna explain such a fancy combo to these folks.

Latest Threads