Our valued sponsor

Overstaying 183 days - Spain vs Germany

sriracha

Member Plus
Aug 25, 2022
Germany
Visit site
In the event of overstaying the 183 days that make one a fiscal resident of most countries, and not making the obvious mistakes (getting a tax id, buying a car, having a child, sending children to school, buying real estate, get arrested several times...), and conducting a low-profile life, basically a digital nomad, for 2/3 years.

What is the chances of receiving a letter from the tax office in:
- this one I can answer myself: in Spain, Hacienda will never find out. Spain is primitive country as far as technology goes, so unless you are Shakira, you're good to go.
- in Germany?

Asking for a friend.

If you do not get involved in any criminal activities, the chances are pretty much close to 0. You will maybe get a Wohnungsgeberbestätigung, just leave it and don't register. I would recommend not renting yourself, but flatshare or subrent or something. Just don't rent from somebody that does not care. They will never find out. And if you go to the city hall and register, still nothing happens. You can do this for 2/3 year, they will send you a tax number and the church will send you nice letters, nothing happens.

Reactions: sriracha