Our valued sponsor

Offshore banking without a pooled IBAN?

pieceofmind

Nov 20, 2023
Dubai, UAE
For my Samoa company, I opened a corporate account at Caye Bank in Belize. For context, it’s a software consulting company under $500k/yr. UBO is a non-resident Canadian.

The IBAN that Caye Bank provided is a pooled IBAN number where the sender must put my account info in the reference memo. It is such a problem when hooking it up to payment providers or other services like Amazon payments, etc because there’s no place to add a memo.

I don’t want to create a US or UK LLC wrapper because I don’t want to get tangled up with the IRS or royal revenue at all even if only for reporting, rather keep things as simple as possible as well.

Any experience with a solid offshore bank that provide a dedicated IBAN?

Reactions: SoNewToAllShit
Airwallex is not very friendly to offshore jurisdictions.
They accept UAE, BVI and Cyprus - so what's not to like ?

Airwallex was one of the first I tried, but said they don’t work for Samoa. I’ll try Currenxie and report back..

1727970068949.webp

What payment rails do you need to access? What amount are you willing to spend for opening and for monthly running the account?

I know of 2 institutions which can be opened by introduction. Would be crypto-friendly as well. But it depends on your pricing outlook.

Currenxie might work. Samoa is not on their banned countries list and they have a lot of supported rails. Their risk appetite is not so high though so maybe they won't consider the business valuable enough to take a pretty low reputation IBC.

You can use Currenxie EMI, for those amounts it works great.

Much cheaper than Caye Bank.

Currenxie might work. Samoa is not on their banned countries list and they have a lot of supported rails. Their risk appetite is not so high though so maybe they won't consider the business valuable enough to take a pretty low reputation IBC.
Currenxie is generally fine; but they always had American Samoa as one of high risk countries/jurisdictions, so your chances are close to zero there, @pieceofmind, I am afraid.
TBH, American Samoa is a problematic country re: banking nowadays, unfortunately. You can try with Verifo but they will be able to offer you just SEPA, if anything. You should also check Interpolitan Money but I do not dare to predict the result.
There are more players for high-risk jurisdictions in general; but unfortunately, a software consulting is often treated as a higher-risk business and your turnover also will not motivate some players enough :(
Can you share the UBO residence country?
(BTW, a US LLC might really be a more simple solution...)

UPDATE: Just now I have realized that I presumed that you had meant American Samoa not Samoa (formerly Western Samoa); but if the latter, not much changes. Samoa is not on the high-risk jurisdictions list of Currenxie but the situation will be similar, I guess.

Last edited:
Currenxie is generally fine; but they always had American Samoa as one of high risk countries/jurisdictions, so your chances are close to zero there, @pieceofmind, I am afraid.
TBH, American Samoa is a problematic country re: banking nowadays, unfortunately. You can try with Verifo but they will be able to offer you just SEPA, if anything. You should also check Interpolitan Money but I do not dare to predict the result.
There are more players for high-risk jurisdictions in general; but unfortunately, a software consulting is often treated as a higher-risk business and your turnover also will not motivate some players enough :(
Can you share the UBO residence country?
(BTW, a US LLC might really be a more simple solution...)

UPDATE: Just now I have realized that I presumed that you had meant American Samoa not Samoa (formerly Western Samoa); but if the latter, not much changes. Samoa is not on the high-risk jurisdictions list of Currenxie but the situation will be similar, I guess.
Currenxie accepts offshore / high risk countries with an additional fee of 0.05% of all payments received.

Currenxie accepts offshore / high risk countries with an additional fee of 0.05% of all payments received.
Wow. I admit I was not aware about this, altough living under impression that I know Currenxie quite well. Your statement is based on the proved experience, I presume? (It's almost too good to be true ;) – as 0.05% is effectively zero... 5 from 10k payment is negligible.)
Thanks for sharing!