Our valued sponsor

Offshore Bank account in Hong Kong

I have not read that thread that you mention but you CAN'T open a company bank account with HSBC from Finland or another country! You must go to HK to one of their offices. I read on an HSBC website this information because I also wanted to open a company account with HSBC online from Europe.

thelost said:
Also if you open the account through HSBC like suggested in another thread?

Is it at all not possible with any bank in HK to open an account without visiting them? I saw some information about the bank account opening in HK on the net where someone claimed it were possible, I will have to google a little and make some research.

Where did you end up to open the bank account?

I have checked with HSBC, Hang Seng, Standard Chartered Bank and it is not possible with them. I believe, it is not possible with the other banks too. I had 2 chinese people check for me also.

I have not opened a bank accout yet. But I can do it anywhere in the world, it does not need to be in HK. I can open one in Bulgaria, just need the copies of the company documents to be verified.

thelost said:
Is it at all not possible with any bank in HK to open an account without visiting them? I saw some information about the bank account opening in HK on the net where someone claimed it were possible, I will have to google a little and make some research.
Where did you end up to open the bank account?

I'm sorry to say so, but I read as well that it isn't possible to open a HK bank account online.

I don't have time now to search for that page where it is written that yes, you can apply online BUT you MUST visit a HK branch of HSBC to process your application and open your account.

Yes, it is better to have the company and account at one and the same place.