Our valued sponsor

Non resident Owner UK LLP and Audit requirement

troubled soul

Pro Member
Aug 23, 2020
Visit site
If UK LLP own by Non resident/Foreigner..

this UK LLP do not have any physical office, employee or do not do any business in UK or any UK related income.

Do this UK LLP require audit ?

I read this on official website regarding audit....

In other words it must meet any 2 of the following:
annual turnover must be not more than £10.2 million
the balance sheet total must be not more than £5.1 million
the average number of employees must be not more than 50
My question is , Do these rules also apply to Non resident UK LLP for audit ?

Like If my balance sheet worth more than £5.1 million...Do I required audit ?
Or I do not need to do audit..
Anybody have experience in this area

However for a non resident LLP only UK source income should be filed to HMRC, so how is the threshold calculated for the audit? All income or just the UK source income?
The LLP isn't non-resident. Its members might be. The LLP files financial statements, and AFAIK, that's the basis for the audit requirements.

Reactions: troubled soul
The LLP isn't non-resident. Its members might be. The LLP files financial statements, and AFAIK, that's the basis for the audit requirements.
HMRC says:

4. Partnership consists solely of non-resident partners​

Where all the partners are non-resident, the Partnership Tax Return should show only the profits arising from UK operations. A corporate partner should separately enter on its return any profit arising overseas which relates to the UK permanent establishment.

Reactions: troubled soul
HMRC says:

4. Partnership consists solely of non-resident partners​

Where all the partners are non-resident, the Partnership Tax Return should show only the profits arising from UK operations. A corporate partner should separately enter on its return any profit arising overseas which relates to the UK permanent establishment.
Maybe I'm missing something, but the audit requirement is based on the company's accounts which are different from tax returns. What's the connection?