Our valued sponsor

Non-Resident LLC Owner BOI Filing to FinCEN with Foreign Driver's License?

So, I have a foreign-owned, non-resident single-member US LLC.

It was incorporated before January 2024 and has never conducted any business.

My agent informed me about the new BOI filing to FinCEN recently.

First, I saw many people discussing whether using the agent's address will be possible. I hope so, but I have a bigger problem.

I don’t have an international passport at the moment, and unfortunately, it won’t be possible for me to obtain one in time before the end of 2024.

I do have a valid driver's license from my own foreign country (not the US), though.

Would it be possible to use it for the ID verification?

I saw this screenshot in the forums: Fincen and BOI Compliance for Non-Residents, how to do?. Does anyone know if a foreign driver's license is acceptable too?

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to respond to my question.

So, I have a foreign-owned, non-resident single-member US LLC.

It was incorporated before January 2024 and has never conducted any business.

My agent informed me about the new BOI filing to FinCEN recently.

First, I saw many people discussing whether using the agent's address will be possible. I hope so, but I have a bigger problem.

I don’t have an international passport at the moment, and unfortunately, it won’t be possible for me to obtain one in time before the end of 2024.

I do have a valid driver's license from my own foreign country (not the US), though.

Would it be possible to use it for the ID verification?

I saw this screenshot in the forums: Fincen and BOI Compliance for Non-Residents, how to do?. Does anyone know if a foreign driver's license is acceptable too?

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to respond to my question.

Non resident alien may have FinCEN identifier instead of passport or other identity document number.

Reactions: daniels27
You can do it here: