Our valued sponsor

MSN & AP: Judge acquits 28 people accused in Panama Papers case, including law firm co-founder.

jafo

Mentor Group Gold Premium
May 13, 2022
Earth
Visit site
Last edited:
I assume governments just did what they had to do in this case. The real bad guys are the journalists that stick their nose into all of thisæ

I didn’t like the phrase “secret” being thrown around like the General public has a right to know - the only people that do are the tax agency, the accountant, the lawyer and the beneficiaries.

It’s a shame one of them died - I believe the case was dismissed ironically on “fruit from the poison tree” argument - I.e hacked data opposed to data collected legally following the law.

Reactions: jafo
It’s a shame one of them died - I believe the case was dismissed ironically on “fruit from the poison tree” argument - I.e hacked data opposed to data collected legally following the law.
Yes, and a few other things. I'm trying to get the court's opinion to read it. I already sent an email to the court. I'll report back!

Reactions: wellington
I assume governments just did what they had to do in this case. The real bad guys are the journalists that stick their nose into all of thisæ
In an amusing twist, a wannabe journalist from the ICIJ decided to poke around in our business dealings, thinking they could uncover something big. These meddlesome folks, bless their hearts, have no clue about what they're getting into. So, I had a bit of fun and sent them on a wild goose chase with piles of old, irrelevant data. They’re now lost in an endless rabbit hole of records that don't even exist. It's almost cute how they never seem to learn to stay in their lane.

To underestimate your enemy is the worst mistake you can make. The journalist you communicated with may be an amateur, but you don't know if the next client you encounter is a better journalist!

And then you may forget that we have journalists around here at OCT !

To underestimate your enemy is the worst mistake you can make. The journalist you communicated with may be an amateur, but you don't know if the next client you encounter is a better journalist!

And then you may forget that we have journalists around here at OCT !
100%! Silence is GOLDEN! ;)

There are NO mutes in prison! EVER! :cool:

Reactions: 0xDEADBEEF
Good friend of mine had all his details leaked with that, made it rather dangerous for him in Thailand because all of a sudden the world knew just how 'wealthy' he was.

What these people do is criminal and they should be charged and sentenced for it.

I will add i am in Criminal Court in a few days for basically the same thing but with internal data being stolen from the corporation, the perp is looking at 2yrs per count.

It's basically the same thing, and calling it journalism or exposing xyz shouldn't absolve them of the crime of either hacking, or obtaining private information and publishing it.

Good friend of mine had all his details leaked with that, made it rather dangerous for him in Thailand because all of a sudden the world knew just how 'wealthy' he was.

What these people do is criminal and they should be charged and sentenced for it.

I will add i am in Criminal Court in a few days for basically the same thing but with internal data being stolen from the corporation, the perp is looking at 2yrs per count.

It's basically the same thing, and calling it journalism or exposing xyz shouldn't absolve them of the crime of either hacking, or obtaining private information and publishing it.
I really hope they lock his *ss up for at least 20 years!

Reactions: 0xDEADBEEF
I really hope they lock his *ss up for at least 20 years!
I'm told (i was a victim) - total loss/costs was 60m$ in paper value, but as criminal case in nature (perp became a fugitive, i was contacted a month ago when he was detained/flown in via Interpol (i guess as see their record) with a criminal subpoena in my post, ordered to attend court xyz, looked into it, the case had expired SoL but they re-filed it (state prosecutor) was the narcotics division that took him down (Australian friend with connections in cross border federal police)remarked something oddly about that a few months ago that intepol had him down for narcotics - completely unrelated) - anyway the case i believe has 5 counts, and then there's an additional two criminal cases (theft/electronic device) and lastly violating the countries border/immigration process for a illegal border crossing (hence fugitive).

So not entirely sure what he will get, usual is suspended sentences when lower, but with all the costs/and violations they might throw the book.

Reactions: 0xDEADBEEF and jafo

Latest Threads