Our valued sponsor

Moved from Italy to Cyprus during last year, where should I pay taxes?

Free00

Jun 21, 2023
Cyprus
Visit site
I recently moved from Italy to Cyprus and am seeking some clarity about my tax situation.

I physically moved to Cyprus in February of last year and updated my residency status in the Register of Italians living abroad (“AIRE”) in April.

Throughout the year, I've been working online and received payments into my personal Italian bank account until May (I was self-employed in Italy, and it's the same bank account that I was using there), then to continue my activity I set up a company in Cyprus and started receiving money on the business account.

I've consulted with an Italian tax lawyer, and I was informed that I should pay taxes in Italy only for January (the only period that I was still living there) and then in Cyprus from February till the end of the year.
However, I want to ensure that I have fully understood my tax obligations in both countries.

Can someone with knowledge in this area confirm whether this understanding is correct?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Lol, when you speak to an expert lawyer, but have more trust in random people on the internet. rof/%
We've seen time and time again people who speak with "tax experts" and get bad advice unfortunately. In many cases, it seems that they aren't actually asking actual experts or they aren't asking the right questions.

In this case, the advice was correct.

Reactions: JohnnyDoe
Don't you trust Johnny?

I mean just look at how he present himself, he's Schrödinger's guy after all!

And if you hover the mouse over his thumbnail I just see lots of asses. Always makes my day smi(&%