Our valued sponsor

More Orwellian BS UK

Just debit cards that can only be used at grocery stores in UK. They already started this with refugees in Germany. But honestly it's all useless BS. Already today I can buy supermarket vouchers online at discount. It will do nothing but lower those prices. And the bank account monitoring? What should it bring? They just take out cash to spend at the local market.

Maybe it would find some dumb eBay seller. But that's it.

It would be much better to have army and civil protection and introduce all welfare guys back into civil protection and use them where manpower is needed. It would drastically reduce welfare payments in and country. Who would still want to be unemployed for months if he only has to show up once per week at 7:00 at the local centre to help with street cleaning, maintenance, market place setup, festival setup etc.

Last edited:
Lots of Brits gonna be opening offshore EMI accounts in that case. As soon as people get paid or receive benefits the money will be transferred to their accounts abroad where UK Gov's AI eyes can't run over their spending habits etc. The less smart will indeed just take money out in cash after each received payment.

To me this seems like it may have unintended consequences.

Reactions: jafo and wellington
Lots of Brits gonna be opening offshore EMI accounts in that case. As soon as people get paid or receive benefits the money will be transferred to their accounts abroad where UK Gov's AI eyes can't run over their spending habits etc. The less smart will indeed just take money out in cash after each received payment.

To me this seems like it may have unintended consequences.
With the ease of moving abroad I’d imagine some form of citizenship tax next lol

• Haha
Reactions: jafo
With the ease of moving abroad I’d imagine some form of citizenship tax next lol

This is coming make no mistake. When I said get out of EU [pre-brexit] while you still can I was not joking. I was speaking about UK also not just mainland Europe.

The UK's Potential Exit Tax: Speculation, Concerns, and Implications​

https://www.mirandusaccountants.co.uk/insights/the-uks-potential-exit-tax
If numbers early next year show an exodus of high earners and wealth then you want to vanish before April 2025 budget perhaps.....lol.

Reactions: wellington
This is coming make no mistake. When I said get out of EU [pre-brexit] while you still can I was not joking. I was speaking about UK also not just mainland Europe.

The UK's Potential Exit Tax: Speculation, Concerns, and Implications​

https://www.mirandusaccountants.co.uk/insights/the-uks-potential-exit-tax
If numbers early next year show an exodus of high earners and wealth then you want to vanish before April 2025 budget perhaps.....lol.
Eldest sibling moved to Costa Rica
Middle sibling moving to Texas as both scientists

youngest sibling trapped (mortgage and not that skilled/capable)

Parent coming to live with me (I was told).

Just one family unit

Reactions: Houdini
Yeah you may all become right with your saying "get out of the EU while you can"