Our valued sponsor

Ledger live desktop crashes, tried all ?

dany

Offshore Agent
Mentor Group Gold Premium
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have reinstalled my Windows PC and run the latest update so I installed the ledger live software again.

Now when I click the the icon to start the ledger live it does not start, no error screen or anything. I googled the error and found the below site where I followed the steps, still not workin.

Would it be fair to say there is an error they didn't fix yet and best is to just wait for them to come with an update to the app ?

Reactions: lory
thanks for the link, tried didn't work. Ledger is running in the job manager but it's a driver issue I thinkg. I have a newer dotnet installed than the suggested on the first link I posted from ledger. That may be conflicting.

thanks for the link, tried didn't work. Ledger is running in the job manager but it's a driver issue I thinkg. I have a newer dotnet installed than the suggested on the first link I posted from ledger. That may be conflicting.
Have you tried installing the older one? With the dotnet, you can have all versions installed at the same time, the apps take the one the need, not the newest one.

I just tried to install Ledger Live and encountered the exact same issue. Initially, I saw a white screen with some error codes. After searching for them on Google, I was led back to the Ledger website. I then attempted to install Microsoft Visual C++, but it prompted me to uninstall the newer version I already have installed, which I don't want to do.

It seems like Ledger really needs to improve their software if they don't want to be overwhelmed with support tickets.

Typical Electron experience .. . Can anyone send their logs ? https://support.ledger.com/article/360007174573-zd?redirect=false

And also try to build from source , there is a new version Releases · LedgerHQ/ledger-live .

This is probably the commit which should fix your issues : fix: freeze when opening a live-app [LIVE-13411] · LedgerHQ/ledger-live@22019d6

If you build version 3.49.0 from source I think you shouldn't have the Issue anymore. ledger-live/apps/ledger-live-desktop/README.md at develop · LedgerHQ/ledger-live

A nice thing is that you can disable analytics when building from source .

Reactions: daniels27