Our valued sponsor

Just Purchased a Bitbox 02 at House of Satoshi in Zurich

EliasIT

Corporate Services
Mentor Group Lifetime
Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I recently bought a Bitbox 02 from the store recommended here on OCT some time ago.

It's not exactly a big store, and it mostly looks like the owner is struggling to pay his rent every month. There's also very little on the shelves. I wanted to buy a Trezor (based on the recommendations here), but he was out of stock. So, he recommended the Bitbox, a Swiss product.

Feeling a bit sorry for him, I also bought a T-shirt with a Bitcoin logo, which was the display model.

Overall, it was a rather disappointing experience.

What do you think about this device? I find it terribly difficult to configure compared to the Ledger Nano X—those touch functions work, but they're cumbersome. And the cable that comes with it is just a bit too short if you're sitting with your PC and trying to configure it.

Additionally, it has its limitations, for example, it doesn't support USDT TRX20, only ERC20.

It's really frustrating to deal with. I'm surprised the store didn't have Trezor in stock but instead is willing to damage its reputation over a throwaway product like BitBox! They haven't even made it possible to use their device from a smartphone!

Trezor works, I threw my BitBox in the trash five minutes after unboxing it and ordered a Trezor instead.

I recently bought a Bitbox 02 from the store recommended here on OCT some time ago.

It's not exactly a big store, and it mostly looks like the owner is struggling to pay his rent every month. There's also very little on the shelves. I wanted to buy a Trezor (based on the recommendations here), but he was out of stock. So, he recommended the Bitbox, a Swiss product.

Feeling a bit sorry for him, I also bought a T-shirt with a Bitcoin logo, which was the display model.

Overall, it was a rather disappointing experience.

What do you think about this device? I find it terribly difficult to configure compared to the Ledger Nano X—those touch functions work, but they're cumbersome. And the cable that comes with it is just a bit too short if you're sitting with your PC and trying to configure it.
not thrilled about it, although id say its safe to use.
Additionally, it has its limitations, for example, it doesn't support USDT TRX20, only ERC20.
trezor also does not support trx (it also doesnt work thru exodus hw connection). only erc20 tokens.

does Trezor has an app for iPhone & android do you know that?
nope, but if you really need that you can try Using your Trezor device with Android
there is also Trezor suite lite Android app for certain limited functions (however depending on your situation it can weaken your threat model as XPUB is exported to your phone)

Reactions: Houdini
This is an example of how not to shop.

Go for one item, find out it's out of stock, listen to the useless 'made in swiss' recommendation and buy it.

Come on guys, this isn't a t-shirt or a cup of coffee on the street, it's a device that can store equivalent of millions of dollars.
Just don't do this ever. Never.

• Haha
Reactions: EliasIT and Houdini
Go for one item, find out it's out of stock, listen to the useless 'made in swiss' recommendation and buy it.
You are absolutely right, it wasn't so much about it being made in Switzerland but rather that I needed a wallet that I could buy with cash and without having it shipped.

I asked myself the same question, as it didn’t seem like he was particularly concerned about whether it was secure or not.

If anyone knows of other stores in Switzerland, preferably around Zurich, that have a good selection of these kinds of wallets, I would love to hear about it in this thread :)