Our valued sponsor

Is my UK Ltd considered Dubai tax-resident?

PE is not enough, it has to be managed&controlled from Dubai. But in general, yes. I would guess you may need a tax residency certificate from the UAE though. Not sure if they know how to handle this. You may have to register a UAE branch, ideally a mainland branch, since I don't know if they issue corporate tax residency certificates for freezone companies.
Let us know how it goes.

Reactions: troubled soul

PE is not enough, it has to be managed&controlled from Dubai. But in general, yes. I would guess you may need a tax residency certificate from the UAE though. Not sure if they know how to handle this. You may have to register a UAE branch, ideally a mainland branch, since I don't know if they issue corporate tax residency certificates for freezone companies.
Let us know how it goes.
So basically, I should send nothing to UK? No audit?
And do the audit in UAE instead, then pay the tax here?

And if UK tells me something someday, I show them the certificate?

(And yes, the UK is basically managed & controlled from Dubai)

Reactions: troubled soul
Do you believe that any tax office will fight the case if they recognize the company is owned by some Dubai entity which is owned by some foreign person in an unknown country ?

If you are doing multi millions maybe, but otherwise they will let is pass, they stand no chance unless they can proof it is a criminal act and as said it is about multi millions.