Our valued sponsor

How to Get Approved for Buy Now Pay Later Merchant Accounts while Dropshipping?

sleez

Jun 26, 2024
Canada
I'm currently in the process of applying for merchant accounts for buy now pay later options for my store since we sell higher ticket items. It would be super helpful to have options on my website such as afterpay, klarna, affirm, etc...

I've made an application for afterpay so far, but was denied after submitting my business info which I am assuming has to do with me dropshipping. Does anyone know of any work arounds to get approved by these types of merchants while dropshipping without them knowing?

I'm currently in the process of applying for merchant accounts for buy now pay later options for my store since we sell higher ticket items. It would be super helpful to have options on my website such as afterpay, klarna, affirm, etc...

I've made an application for afterpay so far, but was denied after submitting my business info which I am assuming has to do with me dropshipping. Does anyone know of any work arounds to get approved by these types of merchants while dropshipping without them knowing?
in the exact same position twin how's it going?

beware that if you sell to EU customers, you need an UK/EU company, and if you sell to US customers, you need US company.
where is this stated?

Dropshipping with Stripe is a mess, unfortunately. I would get my account shut down
Why? I used it with no issues.

Does it increase sales for you with Klarna ?
It will depend on the items for sale, but some 'finance' options will typically help. If you don't have it and there is demand, customers will email about it. That's the only reason I added it to a site.

Generally, having it on there can't be any negative effects anyway. Assuming it doesn't disrupt your checkout flow, which presumably has already been working well. Or you have excessively high fees compared to your standard processor, and it's not bringing 'new' sales, only funnelling a few of those that would have ordered anyway into it as they recognise it, etc.

I tend to go with Pay in 3. When I inquired, Klarna's fees were high, and I didn't like the onboarding process.

Why? I used it with no issues.

It will depend on the items for sale, but some 'finance' options will typically help. If you don't have it and there is demand, customers will email about it. That's the only reason I added it to a site.

Generally, having it on there can't be any negative effects anyway. Assuming it doesn't disrupt your checkout flow, which presumably has already been working well. Or you have excessively high fees compared to your standard processor, and it's not bringing 'new' sales, only funnelling a few of those that would have ordered anyway into it as they recognise it, etc.

I tend to go with Pay in 3. When I inquired, Klarna's fees were high, and I didn't like the onboarding process.
which one do you use for pay in 3?

What is it you don't like with their onboarding process if I may ask?