Our valued sponsor

Hope no one is using Ghost.

never heard about it before
exactly, I do not know your background but if I with a "tech" background haven't heard about some "encrypted communication app" it is very likely that this app was created by the 3-letters to infiltrate this particular gang.
a proper encrypted communication app must, at least:
- be public
- have open source code
- allow to self-host (install your own server)

otherwise it is neither encrypted (as you can't verify that) nor secure (as you have to hand your data to a 3rd party server)

Reactions: sebastian
exactly, I do not know your background but if I with a "tech" background haven't heard about some "encrypted communication app" it is very likely that this app was created by the 3-letters to infiltrate this particular gang.
a proper encrypted communication app must, at least:
- be public
- have open source code
- allow to self-host (install your own server)

otherwise it is neither encrypted (as you can't verify that) nor secure (as you have to hand your data to a 3rd party server)
What do you suggest as an alternative?

all of them are widely known among "tech guys" unlike the Ghost.
XMPP had been around for ages. Even Google and Facebook had servers. With an encryption plug in is it quite good.

Of course we are then back at the mail server discussion where you need to choose either to use a public server, where you leave metadata, or you host yourself, where you leave information about the existence of your server and maybe domain.