Our valued sponsor

FBME - does it offer real privacy?

offs

Offshore Agent
Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I am from EU country and I am looking for a bank for offshore corp I am planning to open. FBME Tanzania seems ok but I am worried about their links with Cyprus and possibility of sharing info with EU countries. Should I worry about it?

FBME is granting the same level of security as any other bank in Cyprus. There are applicable laws in Cyprus who prohibit the exchange of bank clients information, also they have an extended banking secrecy by law in place.

That said, you will never want to open a privat / personal bank account with them but you will want to incorporate a non EU entity who is going to open the account.

No, in Belize they don't maintain any banking secrecy. Also banking in Belize is expensive and complicated compared to the Cyprus banks. If you don't care about the banking secrecy then you may look into some other European bank that may be willing to open an bank account for a Seychelles company.

Alternatives would be a real Swiss Bank account, however, it seems that there isn't any reliable resource for opening such remote, so you may need to travel to Switzerland to get the account.