Our valued sponsor

EMI suggestions for individuals.

Schopenhauer

Jul 9, 2024
Turkey
Visit site
Hello,

From what I have observed, many EMIs only serve European or UK residents.

Do you have any EMI suggestions for those residing in Turkey?

What I have discovered so far is Paysera. They open accounts, but there are too many blocks and too many questions regarding incoming and outgoing transactions.

I'm talking about 5-10K EUR monthly volume. and I'm talking about local EUR and GBP bank details.
(and local USD if possible)

Thank you for your suggestions!

Reactions: clemens and jafo
Do you have any EMI suggestions for those residing in Turkey?
Turkey is really a problematic country in this context. Regrettably.

I presume you are talking about a personal account, not a business one?

What I have discovered so far is Paysera. They open accounts, but there are too many blocks and too many questions regarding incoming and outgoing transactions.

I'm talking about 5-10K EUR monthly volume. and I'm talking about local EUR and GBP bank details.
(and local USD if possible)

In such a case, try Interpolitan Money.
Verifo can onboard you, I think; but you'll get just EUR. For USD you can try some Puerto Rican IFE, like Zenus.

Reactions: jafo and ilke
Turkey is really a problematic country in this context. Regrettably.

I presume you are talking about a personal account, not a business one?

In such a case, try Interpolitan Money.
Verifo can onboard you, I think; but you'll get just EUR. For USD you can try some Puerto Rican IFE, like Zenus.
Yes. I am also aware that Turkey is not welcomed very warmly. Yes, I'm talking about personal accounts for this topic.

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I haven't tried them before. Time to check.

Still looking for a solution
Well, I admit I have currently no idea re: local GBP banking details. I am not so well oriented at the UK EMIs market, there are ~300 EMIs; yet I believe that some can be found (e.g. check Wamo for personal accounts, they are friendly). I am not aware about a non-UK EMI/bank offering local GBP banking details for personal accounts... wait: check Xapo :)

Re: EUR & SEPA – have you tried Verifo? Result? And Zenus for USD?

One more idea for EUR & SEPA – and SWIFT for other currencies:
If you are OK with the islamic banking, check KT Bank Germany. It's a daughter of Turkish KT Bank and they are really open to Turkish citizens and residents, onboarding them remotely, on-line. But as I have said, it's an islamic bank and they take is seriously, so you have to be comfortable with Shariah banking.

Reactions: jafo
Well, I admit I have currently no idea re: local GBP banking details. I am not so well oriented at the UK EMIs market, there are ~300 EMIs; yet I believe that some can be found (e.g. check Wamo for personal accounts, they are friendly). I am not aware about a non-UK EMI/bank offering local GBP banking details for personal accounts... wait: check Xapo :)

Re: EUR & SEPA – have you tried Verifo? Result? And Zenus for USD?

One more idea for EUR & SEPA – and SWIFT for other currencies:
If you are OK with the islamic banking, check KT Bank Germany. It's a daughter of Turkish KT Bank and they are really open to Turkish citizens and residents, onboarding them remotely, on-line. But as I have said, it's an islamic bank and they take is seriously, so you have to be comfortable with Shariah banking.
Thank you for your valuable feedback. Wamo does not offer individual accounts.

I added Xapo, Verifo and Zenus to my list. I will try them.

I also started an opening with KT Bank but unfortunately they rejected me because I do not live in Germany.

Thank you for your valuable feedback.
You are welcome.

Wamo does not offer individual accounts.
Well, it's possible, unfortunately. I was not sure at all, as I have written.

I added Xapo, Verifo and Zenus to my list. I will try them.
Good luck!

I also started an opening with KT Bank but unfortunately they rejected me because I do not live in Germany.
Bad news :(.
Not so long ago, they were onboarding Turkish citizens with residency in Turkey with no hassle...

Reactions: Schopenhauer
That's true. I actually have a UK company. but we are still getting rejected. The reason is we don't live in the UK.
There are some services providing utility bills, rental agreements, and landlines for an extra fee
Usually, it's enough to pass through compliance.
Hi, please can you provide us some of these services that provide utility bills and landlines