Our valued sponsor

eea subsidary/branch for offshore company

MembersOnly

Mentor Group Gold
Apr 4, 2024
luxumburg
Visit site
I need to setup a same-name EEA (europe area) subsidiary/branch for the HK company. The sub/branch's only operating activity would be to facilitate buying crypto for the parent and transfer the assets to the parent wallet. As I understand, this does not even require VAT registrations as crypto is exempt. Has anyone did this and if so, which eea area country is it easiest to setup the sub or branch. Any details regarding requirements, jurisdictions, agents, costs, etc. would be appreciated.

I am afraid that the greatest problem you will face is banking for this company. Hence, when looking for a solution, do not look only at how easy is to setup the sub or branch but also for subsequent banking options; and as the company will probably need some kind of crypto-related licence (at least for banking purposes), also for licensing options.
Just as a guess, Baltic countries or perhaps PL or CZ are worth some investigation.

Crypto EMI deal is already in place,
Seriously?? Regardless of where the company will be incorporated and how it will be licensed (if ever)???
In such a case
1) You are a happy man – congrats! :)
2) You can go anywhere you wish, as the first easy options came to my mind EE and BG, both possible to manage fully remotely/on-line and, reportedly, with no hassle; for the costs ~500 EUR or even slightly less and with a lot of agents...
3) If you share (privately or in the Mentor Group) what EMI is so generous, it will be definitely much appreciated ;)
just figuring out how to set up the sub/branch with least issues.

I need to setup a same-name EEA (europe area) subsidiary/branch for the HK company. The sub/branch's only operating activity would be to facilitate buying crypto for the parent and transfer the assets to the parent wallet. As I understand, this does not even require VAT registrations as crypto is exempt. Has anyone did this and if so, which eea area country is it easiest to setup the sub or branch. Any details regarding requirements, jurisdictions, agents, costs, etc. would be appreciated.

Topic attracted my attention but it's not my area of knowledge.

Hence - and sorry in advance if it's stupid q or obvious a - why do you need EEA subsidiary for HK company that will buy crypto and transfer them?

Latest Threads