Our valued sponsor

Easiest European Country to Buy Land and Set Up a Simple Structure (Container, etc.) Without Hassle

WormCasting

Feb 25, 2024
Compost
Visit site
I'm looking for advice on the easiest country in Europe where I can buy a small piece of land and place a container or some other simple structure on it.
The idea is to have a secure spot to store belongings and maybe use it as a place to rest for a few weeks during the summer, then leave it untouched for most of the year.

Ideally, I'm looking for a location where:

The property is easy to purchase without too much bureaucracy.
There aren't too many regulations or restrictions on placing a container or a basic structure.
The area is relatively safe and free from theft.
There's minimal scrutiny or questioning about the source of funds used to buy the property.

Is this possible in the netherlands, germany, poland, CZ, austria, denmark, france , belgium ?

• Wow
Reactions: jafo and JohnnyDoe
Is this possible in the netherlands, germany, poland, CZ, austria, denmark, france , belgium ?
from this list I can only imagine CZ, Poland and maybe Germany depending on how much money it costs and if you can find a middle man to help you. But theft!! I don't know how you would protect the container from this in any country, even in civilized countries they mess around with containers that no one cares about.

Reactions: whatname
buy some forest property in the middle of nowhere with a little underground cabin?
You need access to it, if not already existent you must apply for a permit to build a road, which will be denied for environmental reasons. You also need permit from owners to pass through neighboring properties. You probably won’t be allowed to build anything in the forest anyway. If it’s allowed in principle, you will need to apply for a permit, submit plans, have it inspected, comply with safety regulations, have it approved etc. Everyone will know about it. Eventually all your belongings will be stolen and the cabin might be occupied by some squatters that you will never manage to get rid of.

Reactions: Forester
Forget about buying land in NL or Germany, there's strict rules about everything there, even to the smallest details you don't want to deal with, and land is expensive. Other EU countries have less regulations but still a pain in the a*s.

If I were you I'd rent a storage container and/or rent a safe somewhere. Or do it like I do:

Although I'm planning on leaving the EU next year what I'm currently doing is renting a small apartment in a quiet town and store all my belongings there. It's an apartment complex so a break-in would be immediately noticed and hard to do + I have alarms. This way I'm registered somewhere and it's a place to store all my belongings. It only costs several hundred euro's per month.

Last edited:
Sweden probably.

You can buy a piece of land in the middle of nowhere for rather little money (gets cheaper the further north go you).

If I recall, you don't have much of a permit for building things if it's your own land and you have no neighbors.

No property tax.

Don’t. Nothing is easy in Ursulandia.
smi(&% rof/% He's new, and he's ONLY (supposedly) 33. Have mercy on him! ange¤%&

NGL, I wished when I was 33 that there was an equivalent to OCT for me to ask these questions. I would have saved myself TONS of financial losses, frustrations, opportunity costs, and pain in my life! stupi#21

strip bars
NGL...No way, at 33, I am concentrating on business with hot naked girls around. You are seriously overestimating my ability to think with my top head in the presence of sexy, naked girls. rof/% smi(&%

PS. I have NO shame in admitting my shortcomings...that's how I learn! smi(&% - Of course, I have matured now! I NO longer do stupid things like that! smi(&% rof/%