Our valued sponsor

Do you actually need a website to open a business EMI account?

j1mesb0nd

Mentor Group Gold
Aug 18, 2024
United States
Visit site
My business doesn't really need a website because I deal with my clients directly through direct contacts. I explained that to Mercury while creating my account and they declined me after 2 hours from the application. So do I need to create a website in order to increase the chance of getting approved?

Last edited:
Nowadays, in 2024 and soon 2025, every business has a website, so it looks very strange if you say you're running a business but don't have one. I can understand why online banks are declining your application. It costs just a few hundred dollars to get a top professional website made, so make sure you get it done.

Reactions: Clearsky Network
My business doesn't really need a website because I deal with my clients directly through direct contacts. I explained that to Mercury while creating my account and they declined me after 2 hours from the application. So do I need to create a website in order to increase the chance of getting approved?
Did you get your account opened with them ?

It is not mandatory for traditional banking, but for EMI its pretty obvious that every online business should have a website. In case you dont have a website, an EMI will require a comprehensive business description, agreement with potential partners and a very detailed business plan.