Our valued sponsor

Crypto tax in Bali

Cari

Jun 30, 2023
Earth
Visit site
Hi!

Is cashing out crypto in Bali is a good idea? How is it taxed?

I found an information stating that any crypto transaction is taxed with 0.1% CGT + 0.11 VAT.
The other sources state that the first 200K are taxed 0.05% and after it is taxed 10%
So what are the correct tax rates for 2024?

Also, what would be the easiest visa to receive there for someone just leaving from crypto investments?

Hi!

I found an information stating that any crypto transaction is taxed with 0.1% CGT + 0.11 VAT.
The other sources state that the first 200K are taxed 0.05% and after it is taxed 10%
So what are the correct tax rates for 2024?

Also, what would be the easiest visa to receive there for someone just leaving from crypto investments?
Have you been once to Bali and Indonesia and seen how things work there?

• Haha
Reactions: jafo and wellington
Normally done P2P

If moving there keep us updated as I used to fly down there 2-4x a year for a break and seriously considering it as a place to spend 5 months a year going forward - but haven’t been back since Covid.

Also interested in RE - now they have some exemptions.

Reactions: toums
Bali is where I feel most at home - the wife also enjoys and would be open to spending up to half the year there without any complaints - but have to have our own property and with a entourage of 7 has to be sizable - a lot of risk without ownership control - but there are reports of changes in policies etc.

It’s kinda silly anyway as Indonesia is Islamic and Bali is Hindu/Balinese - they’ve been flooding Bali with Javanese for a long time but they come they go - rarely settle except work - so not sure what their fear is of letting non Indonesians to purchase

Bali is where I feel most at home - the wife also enjoys and would be open to spending up to half the year there without any complaints - but have to have our own property and with a entourage of 7 has to be sizable - a lot of risk without ownership control - but there are reports of changes in policies etc.
well, basically you can own stuff the same way like you do in Thailand. No rights really granted to the white ghosts, but in practice it seems to work out pretty well if you keep your head down. After all it brings liquidity to the place and they generally are keen to help you keeping the friction of the purchase low, iykyk.

It’s kinda silly anyway as Indonesia is Islamic and Bali is Hindu/Balinese - they’ve been flooding Bali with Javanese for a long time but they come they go - rarely settle except work - so not sure what their fear is of letting non Indonesians to purchase
the same as in thailand, boils down to blatant racism and protectionism.

However, xenophobia is a one level less than in Thailand.

If id forced to purchase id chose Bali albeit with only slightly more conviction than Thailand.

Reactions: BeyondBorders
well, basically you can own stuff the same way like you do in Thailand. No rights really granted to the white ghosts, but in practice it seems to work out pretty well if you keep your head down. After all it brings liquidity to the place and they generally are keen to help you keeping the friction of the purchase low, iykyk.

the same as in thailand, boils down to blatant racism and protectionism.

However, xenophobia is a one level less than in Thailand.

If id forced to purchase id chose Bali albeit with only slightly more conviction than Thailand.
In Thailand there is free hold real estate - landed also just need to pass certain criteria’s such as a investment visa etc also in Phuket - the Thaksin era freehold initiative etc

Those are protected/covered by law - can contest to that.

Bali was introducing similar during COVID or so I understood.

In Thailand there is free hold real estate - landed also just need to pass certain criteria’s such as a investment visa etc also in Phuket - the Thaksin era freehold initiative etc

Those are protected/covered by law - can contest to that.
interesting, i have seen the company route often ;)

Bali was introducing similar during COVID or so I understood.
no idea if covid related, but its the pma company route to achieve this.

No idea about crypto taxation in Bali, but as far I know Indonesia practice worldwide taxation.. If there is a way to pay legally no tax on crypto capital gain (in fiat, not stablecoin) like PT / UAE or some other no income tax countries or territorial tax scheme, i think we would hear many YT videos and X posts regarding that..

Bali is where I feel most at home - the wife also enjoys and would be open to spending up to half the year there without any complaints -

Agree with you. For me the perfect combo would be BKK + Bali ( i don't like too much TH islands, i mean to spend some days/weeks vacation yes, but not more/living).

I have several french friends who invested in villas in Bali (ubud and next to the coast, canggu etc...). Most of them it's purely investments rather than living there, but they seem mosty happy with that.

One of them got directly 50years lease (ofc he paid more for that). was just early covid, then he build the 5BDR villa on it.