Our valued sponsor

Crypto Payment Processing, does Coinbase Commerce Report to Authorities?

Reactions: singp3
Thanks. I am aware of the self-hosted solutions but interested in non-self hosted solutions.

If a crypto payment gateway does not do any KYC stuff, can the gateway report to authorities? I.e. Coinbase previously (before they changed their systems this year, or CoinPayments, etc)?

Would be great to know whether this is done sometimes or not if they dont have KYC files/ documents on their end. Because if they want, they could investigate deeper and check the website where your API calls coming from, login IP, etc.

Thanks. I am aware of the self-hosted solutions but interested in non-self hosted solutions.

If a crypto payment gateway does not do any KYC stuff, can the gateway report to authorities? I.e. Coinbase previously (before they changed their systems this year, or CoinPayments, etc)?

Would be great to know whether this is done sometimes or not if they dont have KYC files/ documents on their end. Because if they want, they could investigate deeper and check the website where your API calls coming from, login IP, etc.
yes they can. As they all use the blockchain analytics, a lot of kyc can be done without asking for it specifically.
clownbase especially is known to work with the alphabet soup agencies.

Reactions: JohnLocke and jafo

All major ones , have aml policies and will hold your funds frozen .

Reactions: JohnLocke and jafo

if you're this concerned then try this out : Malum - Payment Processor
No kyc, instant payouts, option for accepting crypto. But fees is on higher side (5%) if you have low volume (<10k)
If you want to register I would be grateful if you use my affiliate link.