Our valued sponsor

CRS and power of attorney

RexS9999

Oct 8, 2020
My wife opens a trading account in Hong Kong or Asia and is not subject to CRS because of her passport. Can I get power of attorney on the account and not have my details subject to CRS reporting? My passport is subject to CRS, but the funds are not mine. I would just have power of attorney. Appreciate feedback.

My wife opens a trading account in Hong Kong or Asia and is not subject to CRS because of her passport. Can I get power of attorney on the account and not have my details subject to CRS reporting? My passport is subject to CRS, but the funds are not mine. I would just have power of attorney. Appreciate feedback.
What do you mean by "not subject to CRS because of her passport"?

What passport do you have?

If you are US citizen, you cannot as FBAR requires reporting it all accounts you are a signor. The only thing you can do it take her login (which is qualified money laundering under Hong Kong law and subject to imprisonment) and then trade. You then additionally go to a notary and get a power of attorney from her that will allow you to access her account in case if death. The banks will honour this in the worst case.

Last edited: