Our valued sponsor

Corporate structure suggestions required

marct

Mar 12, 2024
Canada
Visit site
I’m a Canadian tax resident, and don’t intend to leave the country for longer than 183 days per year. I own a corporation in Canada (Ontario), which is currently unused but registered as a numbered company. I own a few LLCs in the US and a C-Corp, LLCs are in Wyoming, New Mexico, Delaware. I do not have an ITIN, I’m someone who never visits the US and doesn’t intend to. All banking is done via Wise and Mercury.

I’m looking to minimize my taxation. This year I should be in a position to take out ~$500K. I want to bring this back into Canada, and hold the majority of it in my Corporation to invest in the market and other companies. I’d like to take only a small portion of it out to myself.

What is the best way to do this while incurring minimal taxation? Is there a way to defer taxation entirely on the personal level?

I’m a Canadian tax resident, and don’t intend to leave the country for longer than 183 days per year. I own a corporation in Canada (Ontario), which is currently unused but registered as a numbered company. I own a few LLCs in the US and a C-Corp, LLCs are in Wyoming, New Mexico, Delaware. I do not have an ITIN, I’m someone who never visits the US and doesn’t intend to. All banking is done via Wise and Mercury.

I’m looking to minimize my taxation. This year I should be in a position to take out ~$500K. I want to bring this back into Canada, and hold the majority of it in my Corporation to invest in the market and other companies. I’d like to take only a small portion of it out to myself.

What is the best way to do this while incurring minimal taxation? Is there a way to defer taxation entirely on the personal level?
You better talk about that with your accountant. Your only way is business expenses: buy the needed stuff using a company account and deduct it as expenses.