Our valued sponsor

Corporate Lawyer/Attorney for business contracts?

thomasparra

Member Plus
May 30, 2020
I am trying to engage a business lawyer in Hong Kong (or any Common Law country) to draft a simple business contract (7 to 15 pages long) and keep him on some type of retainer to adapt the contract for specific clients in the future. What is the market rate I should be looking at? I am talking about contracts that would be the basis for 5 to low 6 figure in sales size

It depends on how complicated the contract is and what it’s about. In most cases, you should expect to pay around 5,000 to 7,500 euros for a decent and well-drafted contract. It also depends on how much you can prepare for the lawyer and how thorough the information you can provide is for what needs to be included in the contract.

It depends on how complicated the contract is and what it’s about. In most cases, you should expect to pay around 5,000 to 7,500 euros for a decent and well-drafted contract. It also depends on how much you can prepare for the lawyer and how thorough the information you can provide is for what needs to be included in the contract.
Indeed I have been in this industry for a while and will provide about 70 to 80% of the content. I need more someone who will review the wording, consistency and add / update clauses that are not sufficient or good enough.