Our valued sponsor

Card processing solution for low volume?

covid

Dec 19, 2022
Canada
Visit site
I'm selling digital products in the video game industry, rejected by all processors because of copyright issues.

I found two processors that seem to allow this industry, but only for higher volume, I think it was $40k+/month.

I'll be doing ~$2-3k/month in sales to begin with, and maybe scale to over $10k/month. Profit margin is over 50%.

What is the best strategy for lower volume card processing at the moment?

Customers will not be willing to use some weird card->crypto method, or payment links.

I might be willing to partner or pay a % of sales to someone who handles everything payment processing related, but I can't pay anything upfront since that hasn't gone great in the past.

Reactions: kilor
How about you make it look like your shop ships video games as DVDs and then apply. Later, you just change it to downloads.

Normally, they only check once for approval and then never again unless you have issues or charge backs.

Check out what others in the same industry use and copy that.
From what I've seen, they either got into Stripe or similar processors years ago and never closed down (so grandfathered in), or they have high volume and use one of the very few solutions that accept this industry. And some of them seem to have cloaking setups.
If no luck you can't come around with some cloaking or other stuff like.
What do you mean?

I'm selling digital products in the video game industry, rejected by all processors because of copyright issues.

I found two processors that seem to allow this industry, but only for higher volume, I think it was $40k+/month.

I'll be doing ~$2-3k/month in sales to begin with, and maybe scale to over $10k/month. Profit margin is over 50%.

What is the best strategy for lower volume card processing at the moment?

Customers will not be willing to use some weird card->crypto method, or payment links.

I might be willing to partner or pay a % of sales to someone who handles everything payment processing related, but I can't pay anything upfront since that hasn't gone great in the past.
How do you did it? I would like to know some details if you don't mind. Do you go with Stripe or PayPal ?

Have you tried 2co.com and some of the other mainstream processors?

So what you are selling isn't legal and is violating copyright's ? is that the reason for your problem?

So what you are selling isn't legal and is violating copyright's ? is that the reason for your problem?
It's in the grey area. The game creators could argue that I'm infringing on their copyright, but it's been years and they haven't sent a cease and desist or anything.

How do you did it? I would like to know some details if you don't mind. Do you go with Stripe or PayPal ?

Have you tried 2co.com and some of the other mainstream processors?
Currently working on a solution.

Some more mainstream processors can work if you do $50k+ per month in sales.

Those are some hefty Visa processing fees, ranging from 8% up to 15% – it looks a bit like what CCBill charges. This seems to be a Russian payment provider, at least from the looks of it. So unless it's an ultra high-risk or completely impossible business to place, I wouldn't go down that route.

But otherwise, it's just a matter of trying to run something through and seeing how it works.