Our valued sponsor

BVI Company, Cyprus Bank Account, Paying myself a salary

lazlaz

Offshore Agent
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

I am in contracting in Switzerland where I have a single client and have been granted a temporary residence visa (L). The (non-swiss) agency that found me the contract invoice the client directly and they will pay me (gross) through whatever structure I set up. I have yet to invoice as I need first to have this structure in place. I have set-up a BVI company and am in the process of setting up an corporate bank account in Cyprus as this seems like the best, quickest, cheapest (in terms of set-up costs) approach. I will need to pay myself a salary and want legitimately to pay local swiss taxes on a reasonable amount (if not all) of the income, does anyone have any experience about whether this will be a runner. At the moment it appears as though I will not show up in the swiss tax system as a I am on a foreign payroll and due to my permit type. Normally I would have expected to pay tax at source but apparently (The agency tells me) this will not happen.

Appreciate any help/advice out there.

You may want to speak with a local tax adviser rather to listen to someone who isn't aware of the Swiss Tax regulations. It seems you will need some legal advise as well in order to get this done the right way to avoid to walk into troubles in Switzerland with your setup.

What was the reason for why you incorporated the company in the BVI?

doxs said:
A lawyer will defiantly be of great help to draft the contracts required to convience the Swiss auth.
I agree to that.