Our valued sponsor

bloody difficult offshore incorporation

peterpeter

Offshore Agent
Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Thrawling through the internet been speaking to quite a few of the offshore service providers. Ok I get that BVI registered agent needs certain formalites etc.... BUT

I can not incorporate without;

1. Certified copy passport

2. Proof of address less than 3months old - which is an issue, as all statements of bank are online - Utility bills are all in with my rental. Ill live in a country where the local ID card, is served a proof of address (has got address on there ), I can open bank accounts with that in my own country. But the proof of address needs to be documented less than 3 months.

3. Some ask for source of wealth???? sorry isnt that a bank opening issue

4. some need to meet in person

4. Some ask for CV???? - what?

5. Some ask the length of my little willy

I mean, this is only in regards to incorporation NOT bank account. Bank account is not an issue.

Ridiciulous.... Seems there are more due diligence and obstacles to overcome than it is to incorporate a UK ltd, which happens without due diligence in 1 hour.

So after this rant, which incorporation service is ok and fast to use without too much hassle?

For a company, a copy of your passport (notarization not always required) and some form of proof of address should be plenty. If someone is refusing anything other than a utility bill as proof of address, they are painfully incompetent and I would avoid them like the plague.

Since this forum belongs to the offshore service provider CC Logic, it is naturally not considered good behaviour to recommend competitors. All I can say is that you may want to consider contacting several providers. Make sure the provider understands your question. Judging by your list, you have been told what documents are required for company formation and bank account opening.

As Zqq already wrote, to incorporate a offshore company the only thing required is copy of passport and a utility bill not older that 3 months or a bank- / credit card statement. Some jurisdictions may require the docs. to be notarized.