Our valued sponsor

Binance FZE (UAE) launching early December

myself

Sep 8, 2021
Canada
Binance FZE was created to serve UAE residents. It's planning to launch in the beginning of December. Binance started asking UAE residents to upload additional personal information (EID,...) preparing for the migration to Binance FZE. Once a user migrates to the new exchange, he/she automatically loses access to Binance Global. There's still a possibility to remain with Binance Global for those who want to re-do the identification with a different country of residence, but they will need to prove their address in that country.
The new Binance FZE will list 300 assets. But I guess there will be very low liquidity at least for some time, compared to Binance Global, and this is a problem especially during a bull market. Not sure how things will work out for UAE residents. OKX also seems to be in the middle of doing something similar now that they got a license to operate in the UAE.
The question is what could be a good exchange to use for one who loses access to Binance Global?

FAQ for Binance FZE: https://www.binance.com/en-AE/suppo...inance-dubai-55e8a2e0f7f14f958ba4b4846b1effab

But I guess there will be very low liquidity at least for some time, compared to Binance Global, and this is a problem especially during a bull market.

Wouldn't Binance FZE be able to pool liquidity with Binance Global or does this have to be segregated?

Wouldn't Binance FZE be able to pool liquidity with Binance Global or does this have to be segregated?

What does Binance US do? The size of their order book compared to that of Binance Global suggests that it's completely separated. I guess it would be the same for FZE. Note also that the set of supported assets on Binance FZE will be different from Global. I suspect they will also list pairs in AED.

From a legal prospective, I don't have the background to tell, but I'm wondering whether the license for Binance FZE would allow it to pull liquidity from Binance Global.