Our valued sponsor

Beckam-Law (Spain) : Can someone clarify how it works?

I am aware under this law you don't get taxed at all if you receive foreign income.
However the questions remains the same, would it be trouble if you settle in Spain, manage an offshore company of which you are the only director,
and get paid in Salary/Dividends while in Spain? In terms of income tax I presume that income is not taxable but is there any reference noting
if CFC rules apply under the Beckam law or are they "forgotten" during those 5 years?

If not, is there a way to go around this?

With all respect, please use google to search the forum if you can't find or use the forums search function:

enter below in Google
Code:
site:offshorecorptalk.com backham law

There are several threads about it already

How can someone live 185 days out of the year in Gibraltar or Andorra? I think I'd shoot myself in a leg.
There’s been a lot written about Gibraltar and Andorra, and our good friend @peter taradash has also shared quite a bit, along with many other users here on OCT. It really comes down to personal preference and temperament. If you're into a vibrant city life with lots of people and good infrastructure, then this might not be the place for you. But if you have the financial means to find or build yourself a comfortable home in these areas and can enjoy the peace and quiet, then it’s perfect.

How can someone live 185 days out of the year in Gibraltar or Andorra?

Can i remind you that Gibraltar is 1h drive to Marbella?

You can use Gibraltar only as your sleep apartment.

But beside that you don't need to spend 183+ days in Andorra in Gibraltar or Andorra If you don't need a tax residence certificate.

If you don't do stupid s**t you can spend A LOT of time in Spain by flying under that radar.

Reactions: manukahoney
Can i remind you that Gibraltar is 1h drive to Marbella?

You can use Gibraltar only as your sleep apartment.

But beside that you don't need to spend 183+ days in Andorra in Gibraltar or Andorra If you don't need a tax residence certificate.

If you don't do stupid s**t you can spend A LOT of time in Spain by flying under that radar.
When you run a successful business, 2 hours of your time means a lot. . .

Reactions: vehzag
I am aware under this law you don't get taxed at all if you receive foreign income.
However the questions remains the same, would it be trouble if you settle in Spain, manage an offshore company of which you are the only director,
and get paid in Salary/Dividends while in Spain? In terms of income tax I presume that income is not taxable but is there any reference noting
if CFC rules apply under the Beckam law or are they "forgotten" during those 5 years?

If not, is there a way to go around this?
imo the only way to reliably stay clear of the Spanish drag net is the proven way of the retirees which limit their days below the yearly limit.