Our valued sponsor

Any Good EU Country that will leave me alone?

pixbix

Jul 6, 2022
Romania
Visit site
Romania is harashing again, with 70% tax on everything that has no "proven source of income" ... very ambiguous law. I just want to move. No, i don't own a 1.000.000 dollars home like others people, but i own stocks,etc. I was traveling a lot, living in dubai, portugal, and i just want to find a place where i can stay live of off the dividends i get from the 1M , and if i will work , i will just add money to an offshore company with 0% tax. I just need to stay in UE, but without any headachhes, and no i don't want to pay 200 000$ to a consulting firm for some bulls**t...no do i afford an 20 millions USD apartment in Manaco. Passive income is only like 30.000+ USD after us withold taxes.

There is no good EU country that is gonna leave you alone long term period. The EU is the EU and ever closer union and harmony is assured in future whether you like it or not unless EU completely shifts to the right. I would broaden your horizons of places to live maybe unless the EU is beginning and end for where you want to live.

Reactions: jafo and JohnnyDoe
Cyprus and Malta sounds really not bad. You can find some nice places in Cyprus where it would be worth to live as I see it. You won't come around a professional to help you, but I'm sure this can be done for less than 10K one off.

Romania is harashing again, with 70% tax on everything that has no "proven source of income" ... very ambiguous law. I just want to move. No, i don't own a 1.000.000 dollars home like others people, but i own stocks,etc. I was traveling a lot, living in dubai, portugal, and i just want to find a place where i can stay live of off the dividends i get from the 1M , and if i will work , i will just add money to an offshore company with 0% tax. I just need to stay in UE, but without any headachhes, and no i don't want to pay 200 000$ to a consulting firm for some bulls**t...no do i afford an 20 millions USD apartment in Manaco. Passive income is only like 30.000+ USD after us withold taxes.
Is it this you're talking back? Impozit nou pentru români. Unele venituri vor fi taxate cu 70% - Evenimentul Zilei

Also, are there any other taxes they plan to introduce to next year? I know it's pointless to bring this up, government lies all the time but some are more clever about it, but do the clown government think the population has a memory of a goldfish? They said last year they would not change the taxes again, but I read somewhere that they are indeed planning to do it again anyway

But with only 30k a year it will be hard to live in cyrpus, right?
I believe it is hard to live anywhere in Europe with only that money. You may have a very low lifestyle and expectation to your life to get that work.

You didn't say if you have an EU passport. Obviously, with that, you can rent a little studio in any country
and establish residence, but not tax residence... I personally always liked Campione 'Italia because it is a de facto tax haven, part of the EU, but surrounded by Switzerland on all sides.
If you are a resident in Italy (anywhere!)you don't need to be classed as a "tax resident" ...Why? Because you only stay physically in Italy for under 6 months a year. Obviously, you must keep a low profile. Have a cheap old car if any, and never file any income tax forms --It is OK to get an Italian Tax ID number (at a consulate) even before you move there. Once there, you get your utility bills, a copy of your lease (or ownership papers), and the all-important resident's ID card. The same deal will work in some other EU countries. Does ti solve your problem? No charge!

Reactions: JohnLocke and jafo
I believe it is hard to live anywhere in Europe with only that money. You may have a very low lifestyle and expectation to your life to get that work.
30K USD a year is definitely enough for decent lifestyle in eastern europe or balkans for a single guy. In some of these countries the minimum wage is 500-800 USD a month and people manage to survive with this salary.

30K USD a year is definitely enough for decent lifestyle in eastern europe or balkans for a single guy. In some of these countries the minimum wage is 500-800 USD a month and people manage to survive with this salary.
Correct! I think OP needs to create a spreadsheet with the pros and cons for each country.
I would then attend a local university to get a few degrees. This route keeps you humble when you realize how much sh1t you don't know.