Our valued sponsor

Advice on proof of Dubai Residency to open interactive brokers account

kristoher

Feb 7, 2023
UK
Hello!

I opened a company using DLS Dubai before they ceased business operations. I have a company and am now a UAE resident with ID.

I am trying to open an interactive brokers account using Dubai, however they require proof of address. I assumed an Emirates ID card would have been sufficient.

As part of my job, I constantly travel and have no tax liability due to always moving around. I do not own property, and my nationality allows me to sever ties easily. I visit Dubai frequently but always stay in hotels. However, this is not sufficient for interactive brokers.

Is anybody able to provide any advice or guidance as to how I can open a brokers account? Or perhaps someone else is in the same situation.

Thank you very much!

Is anybody able to provide any advice or guidance as to how I can open a brokers account?

Firstly what forms of proof of address does IB actually require as of today? Have you not considered just renting a cheap apartment in Dubai just to get some paperwork? $5k will get you a Indian laborer type apartment for a year with all bills included...lol. Then just hook up cheapest internet connection so you now have two proofs of address. You wont even need to stay there.

On dubizle for example you can find services that offer this. I can’t recommend anyone unfortunately. But first check with IB which documents exactly your need to verify the addres. A bank statement would be much easier

Reactions: jafo and USDT
Few years ago, I opened an account there with a letter from the hotel stating that I was staying at their place (I wrote the letter they signed it).
Let us know how it works