Our valued sponsor

The Johnny Doe IBKR portfolio

You can use dividends to buy growth stocks. 4.5% is below inflation, not a good investment.
There are also very good bonds yielding 7-12%, most with $100k-500k minimum size though and I’m not sure you can buy them all with IBKR (I do that via the bank).

Last time I checked - couple months ago, short to medium term treasuries were yielding close to junk corporate bonds. The 0.5% increment for these B/C type corporate bonds was not worth the added risk. Things might have changed in recent months so I would be curious to know the type of companies or maybe countries you are referring to, especially at these yields today.

I already have accumulated dividends ETFs but being globally diversified the yield rarely go beyond 2.5%.

Reactions: jafo
Last time I checked - couple months ago, short to medium term treasuries were yielding close to junk corporate bonds. The 0.5% increment for these B/C type corporate bonds was not worth the added risk. Things might have changed in recent months so I would be curious to know the type of companies or maybe countries you are referring to, especially at these yields today.

I already have accumulated dividends ETFs but being globally diversified the yield rarely go beyond 2.5%.
You should look at perpetuals, for example BACR, BID, LLOYDS, SOCGEN, RBIAV, DB.

Reactions: jafo

Latest Threads