Our valued sponsor

Thailand - what can you use as proof of address for EMI/incorporation service

Roo

Jan 29, 2024
Gold Coast
Visit site
Hi,

Could those of you that know more about Thailand tell me what can you use as proof of address in Thailand for an EMI and incorporation service? I won't be having utility bills in my name just a rental contract, no local bank account.

I assume that having a Thailand address in bank/EMI accounts would be good for CRS as foreign income not remitted to Thailand is not taxed. Also if I am reported to Thailand as UBO of an offshore company that would also most probably not cause any big deal due to the same remittance principle I assume. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi,

Could those of you that know more about Thailand tell me what can you use as proof of address in Thailand for an EMI and incorporation service? I won't be having utility bills in my name just a rental contract, no local bank account.

I assume that having a Thailand address in bank/EMI accounts would be good for CRS as foreign income not remitted to Thailand is not taxed. Also if I am reported to Thailand as UBO of an offshore company that would also most probably not cause any big deal due to the same remittance principle I assume. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
not thai specific tho, but its same thing everywhere: use your rental contract. Its ok. But you are gonna need Tin as well.

Thai credit card statement translated and signed.

Confirmation of residency (certificate) by immigration - verified and signed by a legal / lawyer

Some EMI wise account personal with statement with stamp showing Thai address

We fortunately life in a fragile world where proof of work in Tradfi is the equivalent of looking at others and surmising they did the proof of work

not thai specific tho, but its same thing everywhere: use your rental contract. Its ok. But you are gonna need Tin as well.
I’ve only ever once had a Thai rental contract briefly in 2012 - it was hand written in broken English - that won’t fly

Thai bank account confirmation letter with signature and stamp including statement and full address - this one takes time as it always comes from HQ…

Count your lucky stars they don’t ask for the Thai equivalent otherwise you’ll be providing stacks of Polaroids of you standing all around your home and putting on smiles whilst hugging the partner lol

Last edited:
Change your foreign bank's mailing address to Thailand and use this statements.
I normally use UK and German banks for this. They are fairly open to foreign addresses. Swiss banks will start charging you more if you do this. Just a warning, never ever use a US address on any non-US bank. You will either have your account blocked, closed or charged a fee equal to all your assets.

foreign owned UK LTD you say you open account with a street bank in the UK ?
It has been some time but last time, he just wanted as address proof. I have emailed the guy a bank letter from Santander with a UK address. I did not think he will ever accept it. Few days later the local police of the UK address called me about a stolen debit card and uncovered checks having been used to pay for food at an Indian restaurant. Called the bank and they gave me my account number and reshipped the bank card. I eventually got it, even got back the £35 unpaid item fee.

I then later changed the address to another country without issues. Not sure if I could have opened it with a foreign address in the first place. But for personal accounts, you are entitled at least one per EU country as long as your are EU resident.

Yeah it is the ever coming back answer on OCT - use windows paint it works, it's not a joke.

many such cases
I preferred a more legal way, I thought of this one already but it can come back and bite you I assume, or maybe bank/EMI workers just look at it and tick a checkbox and it's done. Thinking about it they can't really tell if a utility bill from a foreign country is real or not, I assume that due to data privacy laws them calling whatever company to verify your bill wouldn't really work so the only option would be to get police involved if suspecting a fake document?

Thai credit card statement translated and signed.

Confirmation of residency (certificate) by immigration - verified and signed by a legal / lawyer

Some EMI wise account personal with statement with stamp showing Thai address
Can you get a Thai bank account as tourist (tourist at the moment, figuring out long term stuff) ?
Wouldn't Wise ask for proof of address if I change my address to Thailand? I use Wise business so they are the ones I will probably need to provide proof of address to. I don't think the personal account statement from the would for for the business account from them :D
I normally use UK and German banks for this. They are fairly open to foreign addresses. Swiss banks will start charging you more if you do this. Just a warning, never ever use a US address on any non-US bank. You will either have your account blocked, closed or charged a fee equal to all your assets.
I could try to open some free bank account online I guess and then change my address to Thailand and pull out a bank statement.

Last edited:
Thinking about it they can't really tell if a utility bill from a foreign country is real or not, I assume that due to data privacy laws them calling whatever company to verify your bill wouldn't really work so the only option would be to get police involved if suspecting a fake document?

you are overthinking it brother; Ive been using photoshopped Proof of Address documents since I can remember and nobody gives a flying flamingo about it

• Haha
Reactions: Roo and JohnLocke
you are overthinking it brother; Ive been using photoshopped Proof of Address documents since I can remember and nobody gives a flying flamingo about it
Has anybody ever had a problem? There are services which claim to verify sick documents

yeah it's widely know to work well in some cases.

Has anybody ever had a problem? There are services which claim to verify sick documents
Wouldn't this pretty much go against GDPR and all possible privacy laws making it possible for a paying client of theirs to disclose and verify your personal information with various third party companies? A crap gas company wouldn't even want to update my details on email because of data privacy at some point so I never updated them for years because I refused to go to some office stupi#21