Our valued sponsor

Got Advised BVI / Cayman for Holding

Why do corporate providers keep recommending BVI / Cayman for a holding?

They don't explain it properly either, the goal is asset protection, and both of these have long statute of limitations / no bond requirements.

Are there more reasons to it?
Both are/have been well established and reputable offshore jurisdictions.
Note that EU recently added Cayman and BVI to the black list of overseas tax territories that do not effectively co-operate with the EU, which make them less optimal in many cases, and its one of the reasons why there is a trend toward onshore jurisdictions, e.g. Cyprus.

In addition the recommendations are often based on commercial interests, and lack of knowledge about alternatives.

Reactions: inector
BVI is becoming burdensome.

Received an email from my agent the past few days, renewal works out just below 2,000$.

New company formation 1600$ -> The cost is irrelevant, but that speaks volumes...

Next irk, have to complete substance forms, I have BVI staff of sorts, but basically they declare i don't have substance (no clue why). and expect me to fill in a form Questionnaire etc.

Question there, if its reported you don't have 'staff' substance -> then where on heck is it taxed if profits/revenues exist in the year.

Next thing was a mention of accounting, apparently we now have to do accounting submissions... how does that work with a holding company with no revenues/profits.

Seems a lot of headache and getting worse by the year.

BVI is becoming burdensome.

Received an email from my agent the past few days, renewal works out just below 2,000$.

New company formation 1600$ -> The cost is irrelevant, but that speaks volumes...

Next irk, have to complete substance forms, I have BVI staff of sorts, but basically they declare i don't have substance (no clue why). and expect me to fill in a form Questionnaire etc.

Question there, if its reported you don't have 'staff' substance -> then where on heck is it taxed if profits/revenues exist in the year.

Next thing was a mention of accounting, apparently we now have to do accounting submissions... how does that work with a holding company with no revenues/profits.

Seems a lot of headache and getting worse by the year.
Theres no way out of this, only way out of this operating crypto only. This then incentivizes these shatholes to become more forthcoming since the primary enforcement tool (the banking system) becomes moot and all cannot be bombed either.

BVI has been long time not worth the effort unless you have really good reasons to form a company there.

Reactions: Marko Krassus
Theres no way out of this, only way out of this operating crypto only. This then incentivizes these shatholes to become more forthcoming since the primary enforcement tool (the banking system) becomes moot and all cannot be bombed either.
As a legitimate paper-retention-company for record keeping during research it's an ideal location, with my residence location it's also ideal.

But aspects will be moved off to a new location as the paperwork for HFT will be far too expensive.

But yeah the new BVI stuff makes it pointless.

Reactions: JackAlabama

Latest Threads