Our valued sponsor

Offshore company for ticket reselling in Germany

Xxxisthis

May 11, 2024
Germany
Visit site
Hey guys, I‘m new to this forum, I tried to find an answer to my question but I didn’t found a similar thread.

My case:
I resell tickets (concerts, sport events) via viagogo. Viagogo acts like a middleman between buyer and seller, similar to eBay.
I get paid by viagogo. They are located in Switzerland.
I am located in Germany, and I can’t really move abroad because I’m studying here rn.
I don’t have to cash out the money that I make I just want to reinvest it into ticket reselling.
I get payed shorty after the event and this summer I will get a payment of ~100.000€ + .
In the future (next 2-5 years) I plan on buying real estate to rent in Germany, therefore I would probably need the money that I make with my reselling.

Any tips to continue this business with paying as low tax as possible?

I’m happy for every answer!! If there is a similar thread please send it to me and I will delete mine :)

You have a good business going. Looks like you have the potential for a good future as an entrepreneur. Don't screw it up by committing tax evasion. Don't destroy your future chasing solutions that barely worked and were risky already 10+ years ago.

Offshore company is a bad idea. Due to how German law works, any offshore company you form and operate/control is going to end up being tax resident in Germany. You're fully reliant on secrecy, in a world that's eroding secrecy piece by piece.

If/when the German tax authority finds out about your company, they will calculate a rough estimate of how much you owe, send you an invoice for that, give you 30 days to pay or it's time for court where things can get far worse.

Sit down with good tax adviser and make the best plan possible within the restrictions of German law. Maybe form an UG or GmbH, and claim as many expenses, tax rebates, and other incentives.as you legally can do reduce your net tax burden.

You have a good business going. Looks like you have the potential for a good future as an entrepreneur. Don't screw it up by committing tax evasion. Don't destroy your future chasing solutions that barely worked and were risky already 10+ years ago.

Offshore company is a bad idea. Due to how German law works, any offshore company you form and operate/control is going to end up being tax resident in Germany. You're fully reliant on secrecy, in a world that's eroding secrecy piece by piece.

If/when the German tax authority finds out about your company, they will calculate a rough estimate of how much you owe, send you an invoice for that, give you 30 days to pay or it's time for court where things can get far worse.

Sit down with good tax adviser and make the best plan possible within the restrictions of German law. Maybe form an UG or GmbH, and claim as many expenses, tax rebates, and other incentives.as you legally can do reduce your net tax burden.
Thank you very much for this detailed explanation. I already have a official business since I’m 18 years old but I mostly sold sneakers. I did 250k turnover (about 25-30% revenue) when I was 18. I had an tax advisor and I even got a "Unternehmensprüfung"/ company audit where the tax office inspected my company in detail for like 2-3 weeks. I bought sneakers in Germany (so I get 19% tax from government) and sold the sneakers B2B in another European country (paying 0% sales tax) . That’s why the tax office inspected my company. But everything was fine. My tax advisor told me that this roughly happens every 20-30 years hahaha.

What would you say how many % tax would I pay on my sales volume if I did everything with an gmbh?

No I‘m not botting! Illegal is a bot which does every single step of the purchase. I use a software to skip the queue, I purchase all tickets manual. That per definition not botting. I‘m also pretty sure ticket botting is only illegal in UK, USA (and france)
. Under E.U. law, the use of ticket bots became illegal in all E.U. member states in 2022. This legislation makes it illegal “to bypass any other technical means put in place by the primary seller to ensure accessibility of tickets for all individuals.” .Bypassing queue it or similar solutions is illegal .

Reactions: Forester
Could you send me the link to this law?
There are so man public queue it bots. You have to understand a queue it is simply a script which opens x amounts of tabs at once. It’s nothing more. You could technically do this manual every release, and I sometimes do this.
I have many friends who do this business completely official with a company in Germany. I even know 2 cases where friends of me had a company audit and everything was fine. They were just reselling tickets.

Company audits are only for tax purposes so it doesnt mean much.

Reselling events tickets to consumers if the trader acquired them by using automated means to circumvent any limit imposed on the number of tickets that a person can buy or any other rules applicable to the purchase of tickets.

Last edited by a moderator:

I thought it’s legal like mentioned in this article. I read it multiple times that the event organiser can forbid ticket reselling via AGB‘s. And if he finds out he can find the ticket reseller. But by law it isn’t illegal.

What would you say how many % tax would I pay on my sales volume if I did everything with an gmbh?
Depends on where you live since it can vary by state and city. Probably somewhere around 30% give or take a couple of percent. The key is to make the most out of available deductions, expense claims, and so on, so that you end up paying the tax rate on an overall lower taxable income. You're taxed on profit, not revenue, so have a good tax adviser help you max out legal ways of reducing the tax basis.

2019 the european parliament voted for it and since 2022 its active .

I thought it’s legal like mentioned in this article. I read it multiple times that the event organiser can forbid ticket reselling via AGB‘s. And if he finds out he can find the ticket reseller. But by law it isn’t illegal.
This article is from 2013...

Depends on where you live since it can vary by state and city. Probably somewhere around 30% give or take a couple of percent. The key is to make the most out of available deductions, expense claims, and so on, so that you end up paying the tax rate on an overall lower taxable income. You're taxed on profit, not revenue, so have a good tax adviser help you max out legal ways of reducing the tax basis.
What kind of expenses could I claim and what would be realistically possible when I make many expenses?

1715401836047.png
Its definetly illegal what you are douing here is more details on the law regarding the ban . https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:52021XC1229(05)

What kind of expenses could I claim and what would be realistically possible when I make many expenses?
Better to ask a good tax adviser. Depends on local laws and how you run your business. It could be things like rent/mortgage (whole or part, if you work from home), utilities (whole or part), private health insurance, equipment (phone, computer), and some travel (for business reasons).

And also offering ticket botting solution is not illegal . I offer them myself . queue-it solvers etc.. But using them is illegal within the eu . That's why there are so many providers . If it wouldn't be illegal everyone would resale tickets .
Is it possible to text you? I don’t see the option on this forum and I don’t know if it’s allowed to change the platform

Is it possible to text you? I don’t see the option on this forum
You can send private messages to other forum members either after being here for some time and gaining some reputation; or immediately after upgrading to Mentor Group (Silver, Gold or Lifetime). For details, look at Help section Help or Account Upgrade.

Latest Threads