Our valued sponsor

Taxation of financial transactions in Slovakia

void

freedom addicted ultra relativist
Pro Member
Oct 3, 2017
I cannot find any serious link to a source in English at the moment but to keep you guys updated on the latest bizarre idea... Slovakia is going to tax bank transactions at 0.4% (capped by 40 EUR) and cash withdrawals at 0.8%.

I cannot find any serious link to a source in English at the moment but to keep you guys updated on the latest bizarre idea... Slovakia is going to tax bank transactions at 0.4% (capped by 40 EUR) and cash withdrawals at 0.8%.
Yes, but seems only for business accounts.

But it is not the first time, we had strange things from there:

Inspired by Fico's good friend Orban with his 0.3% (raised to 0.45% this August) tax on transactions in Hungary as well, I guess.

Exactly, often in Hungary you can withdrawal any amount of money (till you have it in your bank accounts). Euros withdrawal at the cashier is usually taxed à 0.90% with a maximum around 500€.

Same at ATM. Last time got 13€ something by 2K withdrawal, so slicy less.. around 0.65%

Exactly, often in Hungary you can withdrawal any amount of money (till you have it in your bank accounts). Euros withdrawal at the cashier is usually taxed à 0.90% with a maximum around 500€.

Same at ATM. Last time got 13€ something by 2K withdrawal, so slicy less.. around 0.65%
Ok, but then why would I give my money to the bank if I cannot get it back ever again?

Ok, but then why would I give my money to the bank if I cannot get it back ever again?

It's not to give them, but in some situations you want to use these bank accounts (at least temporarily or for certain operations) because :

- You can withdraw any money you want, without stupid policies like many western countries (like 'oh sorry we dont have enough cash at the bank to allow the withdrawal' or 'why do you have to withdraw more than 1000e, what you want to do with this etc.." and all these bulls**t)
- Because you are happy if you still can receive / send high figures transfer (at least sepa) without pending/blocking / manual verification and all blabla..

So for these situations, I am happy to pay some extra fees when I am using these accounts instead to use 'free' western european banks but headache and problem 90%+ of the times

Last edited: