Our valued sponsor

How to launch satellites in orbit

I want to launch a 50kg satellite into geostationary orbit.
@wellington says it’s quite cheap but the quotes I got are $1-2m.

Imagine running OCT from the space, out of physical reach with current technology :cool:

Suggestions?
Erm thats entirely false, and you are fully aware of that, so not sure what your game is, but the mods have the entire feed (when they deleted it) and there was no mention by me that 50kg was 150-300k$ again i reiterate - I didn't state 50kg was cheap, i said and i quote <5kg is 300k$, and you can get auction positions for 160k$

I want to launch a 50kg satellite into geostationary orbit.
@wellington says it’s quite cheap but the quotes I got are $1-2m.

Imagine running OCT from the space, out of physical reach of technology :cool:

Suggestions?

Geostationary orbit is 35.786km from the Earth ns2

In order to cover the whole planet, two satellites at least are required in GEO. Illustrative example is Inmarsat satellite constelation.

With price tag you wrote, it's hard to budget GEO satellite fin4774"

Your idea is to lunch a satellite with a server for hosting OCT?

Don't know the back story as I caught the thread now.

Anyway, even pico satellites for LEO are expensive to lunch if the payload is not bundled.
Satellites was secondary to the discussion at the time, i remarked about jurisdiction in space and the cost of a satellite launch or projectile launch (based on a company i was part of the seed round for and their costs).

Then Johnny Doe dug in on the prices of launch to which i pointed him to ride-share (SpaceX) to get the most recent costs, anyway satellite is pico as its just a node humming along connecting to the blockchain which connects to various agents stored and operating on the blockchain and interconnected to various services to operate a automated entity (operated by MAS-AI).

The area specific to satellites was a tiny remark that appears to have garnered much excitement from our Dear Mr Doe.

Either-way the statement in the initial post on here is flat out false, as false as Biden claiming the US Economy is booming (perhaps its the Italian in him)

In order to cover the whole planet,
I wouldn’t need to cover the whole planet
With price tag you wrote, it's hard to budget GEO satellite fin4774"
That’s what I was quoted by 3 companies I contacted, bundled payload of course.
Your idea is to lunch a satellite with a server for hosting OCT?
Not necessarily for hosting OCT, but there might be space left for it too.

I wouldn’t need to cover the whole planet

That’s what I was quoted by 3 companies I contacted, bundled payload of course.

Not necessarily for hosting OCT, but there might be space left for it too.

Not feasible for any latency sensitive content or service.

Declared latency for OneWeb, StarLink and Iridium are nominal.

Production wise, it's functioning, but only as a network failover solution.

Server wise - it's SPOF in case of catastrophic failure. That's why all constellations nowadays are mesh like and thus resilient.

Reactions: 0xDEADBEEF
Yes, what’s the problem? Plenty of people do that already, I’m not talking of exploring Uranus.

Not quite sure whether you are making a joke or are serious about the endeavour, but it is appealing fin4774"

Ofc, not one LEO or GEO is enough and not only because of the regional coverage or lack of it - it's about redundancy and resilience.

But, why GEO? And, what is the purpose? It's okay for Inmarsat, but nothing else